Why did the Samurai get reputation of being individual fighters who lacked any clue about complex military stuff like Formations and Manuevers?

Oily Dragon

Senior Master
Reaction score
Yes, Samurai movies were mercilessly copied by Hollywood…
And well, too.

I once took the day off and watched Once Upon a Time in the West, The Good the Bad and the Ugly, and High Plains Drifter in that order. That's what I call a me day.

Gyakuto

Senior Master
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I actually watched ‘High Planes Drifter’ a few weeks ago to see if these old Westerns are any good (it was on telly). I was amazed they aired here in the U.K. because of that disgusting scene, early on with the character Callie Travers. 😳 Even for 1973, it was shocking. Again, the ending was rubbish…I was disappointed to be honest.

Oily Dragon

Senior Master
Reaction score
I actually watched ‘High Planes Drifter’ a few weeks ago to see if these old Westerns are any good (it was on telly). I was amazed they aired here in the U.K. because of that disgusting scene, early on with the character Callie Travers. 😳 Even for 1973, it was shocking. Again, the ending was rubbish…I was disappointed to be honest.
Its a typical revenant style story. Really basic, and yeah the ending was a bit predicable.

It's the journey, not the destination.

My fav character is Sheriff Mordecai. I relate to that dude.

Gyakuto

Senior Master
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Its a typical revenant style story. Really basic, and yeah the ending was a bit predicable.

It's the journey, not the destination.
Throw in a car chase and a musical number…that’s all I ask🤷🏽‍♂️

Oily Dragon

Senior Master
Reaction score
1667491707352.png

Who is the bigger badass here?

Latest Discussions