Who's the bigger fool here?

Tgace

Grandmaster
Reaction score
The guy driving around a crime scene videotaping hoping to get into a confrontation or the cop who fell for it?

http://www.policeone.com/patrol-iss...-officer-loses-temper-in-dispute-with-driver/

[video=youtube_share;NNbxD9Eg-Wg]http://youtu.be/NNbxD9Eg-Wg[/video]

Cops approaching citizens with cameras and harassing them/taking them is a bad idea in most cases IMO, but this situation (going to calls/crime scenes and looking to provoke) is another.

Of course all the "This Cop should be fired!!!" is the typical hyperbole. The cop swore and yelled. Didn't touch the guy, didn't arrest him, etc. Based on past disciplinary history, perhaps a letter of discipline, maybe a suspension/loss of pay (maybe), but termination? Please...

My .02 on Cops and Cameras in general:
http://tgace.com/2011/08/14/do-shutterbugs-bug-you/

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
The two in the car are just looking to get in a confrontation with cops--just being jerks. The cop probably shouldn't approach in general but it sounds like this isn't the first time (though I wasn't clear if just wasn't the first time they had seen him tonight or if this had been on more than one night). The first cop really blew it big time and deserves a letter of reprimand but kudos to the second cop--just the kind of guy I want my tax dollars going too. (Yeah, I get that cops like the first guy are sometimes who I want on the scene too.) Videotaping cops is one thing--ultimately beneficial to society--but following them around like this is an accident waiting to happen and, frankly, while obstruction may too an overinflated claim, I do believe it distracts them from their work in a case like this. You're going to increasingly need two cops to do the job of one so that the other one can do crowd control over people trying to be YouTube stars.

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
That's a well expressed 2 cents worth in the article that you wrote, TG :tup:.

DennisBreene

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
Excellent post. LFI have it tough enough without having to constantly assess whether the idiots following them around pose a credible threat or are just narcissistic jerks.

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I think the jerks can sometimes have a point. Someone I know he s few videos on YouTube of him being hassled by the local constabulary for open carrying (which is legal here).

He hasn't posted any such video in a couple of years. Why? He hadn't been hassled about open carrying in a couple of years, and likely neither hzve my friends who open carry (based on random conversation and comments.)

Personally I am not fond of attention-seeking practices. I just don't think law-abiding citizens should be hassled for law-abiding activities - even if they are activities that I do not like.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Latest Discussions