Who is going to AAU Team trials ????

Gorilla

Master of Arts
Reaction score
September 10-12th

We have 4 are who qualified only 3 can go!!!

Melissa Chua...Jr Fin
Kymberly Buset....Moving to Sr Fin/from Jr Fin
Charles Nguyen...Jr LT Middle

Vlad Sokolov (SR Light) will be in Korea and won't be able to participate!

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I will be there chearing on some of GM Giambi and Master Tubbs people, drinks every night if you are at the Embassy.

ATC

Senior Master
Reaction score
Still trying to talk Master Suh into doing some AAU tournaments.

terryl965

MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Why not TDT also!!!

I will see you for drinks!!!

I do apologies, I will also be chearing on team TDT because they are a class act all the way and have a wonderful instructor in Master Blackburn.

OP
G

Gorilla

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Still trying to talk Master Suh into doing some AAU tournaments.

Let me TT Master Suh....The Junior Program @ AAU is better than the USAT.

Many of the USAT National Team Members have started out with AAU.

The AAU supports the school of origin. You won't get the implied statement that you have to switch schools to achieve success.

Master Tubbs,Kunkle,Limas,Remark and Martinez are very involved at the International Events. They hold national/regional training events. It is a very parent friendly environment

Two Junior World Champions have come out of Master Tubbs school. Selina Tubbs and Carlos Navaro. Carlos fought for Mexico.

Kunkle,Limas and Remark are all Olympians. The AAU coaching staff is superior to the USAT!!!!

OP
G

Gorilla

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I do apologies, I will also be chearing on team TDT because they are a class act all the way and have a wonderful instructor in Master Blackburn.

I knew that you would!!! Looking forward to seeing you!!!!! We can get started on Friday!!!

Going to be some tough fights KYm has some strong competition from Puerto Rico and one of the Junior National Team members moving up because of age!

Should be fun to watch!!

Master Blackburn wants her to fight SR's from now on! A year early but I agree! Nothing left in Juniors for her!

ATC

Senior Master
Reaction score
Let me TT Master Suh....The Junior Program @ AAU is better than the USAT.

Many of the USAT National Team Members have started out with AAU.

The AAU supports the school of origin. You won't get the implied statement that you have to switch schools to achieve success.

Master Tubbs,Kunkle,Limas,Remark and Martinez are very involved at the International Events. They hold national/regional training events. It is a very parent friendly environment

Two Junior World Champions have come out of Master Tubbs school. Selina Tubbs and Carlos Navaro. Carlos fought for Mexico.

Kunkle,Limas and Remark are all Olympians. The AAU coaching staff is superior to the USAT!!!!
I will pass the message one. I know right now he is busy with planning a 2nd school so he won't even really want to talk about it.

But thanks for the offer. Can't hurt any. I know he knows master Tubbs. I think when he was younger he may have trained at or with some of his students.

Dad of lady Taz!

White Belt
Reaction score
We will be there! The little one is training very hard. Mentally she has grown leaps and bounds in the last couple of months. This should be really good. See ya there!

OP
G

Gorilla

Master of Arts
Reaction score
We will be there! The little one is training very hard. Mentally she has grown leaps and bounds in the last couple of months. This should be really good. See ya there!

Are you coaching...They all seem to be growing up...In 3 weeks Kym has grown 3/4 of an inch. She is 5'2 1/2 and about 107. Thats an 1 1/2 inches and 12-15 lbs since May. I have always be very impressed with Olivia. I think the first time I saw her fight was Baek's tourney in Seaside you could just tell that she was going to be great I think she was 8 or 9. We look forward to her making the team the trips to Europe are great!!!

Dad of lady Taz!

White Belt
Reaction score
Are you coaching...They all seem to be growing up...In 3 weeks Kym has grown 3/4 of an inch. She is 5'2 1/2 and about 107. Thats an 1 1/2 inches and 12-15 lbs since May. I have always be very impressed with Olivia. I think the first time I saw her fight was Baek's tourney in Seaside you could just tell that she was going to be great I think she was 8 or 9. We look forward to her making the team the trips to Europe are great!!!

Yea, I'm coaching. We are the only ones doing AAU this year so as much as I would love for Tim or Joseph to coach, it is cost prohibitive. Maybe next year there will be more that go, to split the cost.

Olivia is 5ft 2 in a division of giants, but she has learned to compensate. Right now she is 114 and holding lol. We thank you for the compliment. And tell Kym very good job at the Mayor's cup. Alexxis is a very good fighter, and to come that close to beating her is a testament to her hard work and growth.

Olivia has a tough division as well, but we believe she can win. I think the most important part (the mental maturity) is starting to come in. It should be an exciting competition.

ATC

Senior Master
Reaction score
Let the team know I said Good Luck. We will see you guys at the JKI in October.

bignick

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
September 10-12th

We have 4 are who qualified only 3 can go!!!

Melissa Chua...Jr Fin
Kymberly Buset....Moving to Sr Fin/from Jr Fin
Charles Nguyen...Jr LT Middle

Vlad Sokolov (SR Light) will be in Korea and won't be able to participate!

My wife qualified again this year, but after heading to Ft. lauderdale three times in like 14 months we decided to not do team trials again. Good luck!

OP
G

Gorilla

Master of Arts
Reaction score
My wife qualified again this year, but after heading to Ft. lauderdale three times in like 14 months we decided to not do team trials again. Good luck!

Ft Lauderdale seems like my second home!!!

What division is your wife in?

bignick

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
It seems like the AAU is going with an every other year in Ft. Lauderdale schedule...did they ever announce where Nationals are in 2011?

terryl965

MTS Alumni
Reaction score
It seems like the AAU is going with an every other year in Ft. Lauderdale schedule...did they ever announce where Nationals are in 2011?

No not yet,Nick what division did your wife fight in.

bignick

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Middle this year, last year was Welter. 2nd both years at Nationals.

Latest Discussions