Who here thinks Santana is the best music for Kali/Arnis practice?

AC_Pilot

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I dig Santana and it has that fantastic beat for stick practice and sparring.. whattya think? :supcool:

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
LOL... whaddya know! It's what I'm listening to right now. The expanded greatest hits album (red cover). Carlos is indeed the man.
I dunno if it's good for Kali/Arnis practice as I don't do that art... but I do love to mellow out with the sounds of his guitar.
("But she's not there" cover is playing right now.... ooooohh yeah, dig it man!) :supcool:
Actually some of the music is better suited to seduction... watch out ladies if you hear Carlos playing in the background... heh :uhyeah:

OP
AC_Pilot

AC_Pilot

Blue Belt
Reaction score
MacCaver, you're right on all counts. Carlos is in the top ten of all time music makers, IMO. But if you're talking soul and beat, he can't be beat!

I have everything Santana has done, every boxed set and every single CD. My fave Santana song is "Fried neckbones and your home fries" that's soul!

Seigi

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Santana is Good! I never considered his music?

We usually use a Capoeira CD or An Indonesian Tape.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Peace :whip:

GAB

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
Seigi said:
Santana is Good! I never considered his music?

We usually use a Capoeira CD or An Indonesian Tape.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Peace :whip:
Hi All,

George Santana is a good Silat, Arnis and Escrima practioner, he also has a band in the Sacramento area, if you ever get a chance you ought to go hear him.:uhyeah:

He adds to that some Spanish Fencing and the universal pattern that was around hundreds of years ago.

Regards, Gary

OP
AC_Pilot

AC_Pilot

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Sounds a lot like my JKD! I am originally from Sacramento, but unlikely to return there so I'll have to miss out on that fun, at least for now :ultracool

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Flatlander said:
I practice to Pantera and Godsmack, usually. It puts me in touch with my inner anger, and helps me express my agression.

I agree that these two and the Santana are all good to practice too.

;)

James Kovacich

Senior Master
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
AC_Pilot said:
MacCaver, you're right on all counts. Carlos is in the top ten of all time music makers, IMO. But if you're talking soul and beat, he can't be beat!

I have everything Santana has done, every boxed set and every single CD. My fave Santana song is "Fried neckbones and your home fries" that's soul!
Fried neckbones! Santana is number 1 for me too!

Pretty much the whole "Live at the Filmore" double CD is great for Sinawali.

Latest Discussions