Where did she learn English?

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
It says it is from Germany on YouTube so I am guessing Germany.

Many years ago I heard to German Woman talking right after the wall came down.One was from East Germany (Russian side) and one was from West and I was surprised that the woman from West Germany sounded like she could be from England and the one from West Germany sounded like she was from Germany

OP
granfire

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
LOL, it's not 'school English'

:)
She sounds odd.

(Australia?)

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I think its more of a....lack of musical maturity (sorry being kind of blunt here). I think she's trying to make her voice sound distinctive when singing and in the process she's mixes up several different pronunciations. Personally I found it to be a bit grating...I'd love to hear what she sounds like if she sang more naturally.

Olia Tira was born in Germany and I think she has an awesome voice....the band's regular (male) singer does too. And they have an electric violinist on a turntable and EPIC SAX GUY! :D

Pity they did so poorly in the contest. I think this is a kickass pop music perfomance.

[yt]VkmncrAPILw[/yt]

OP
granfire

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
LOL, hey, it's ok. I never heard of her before, can't even remember how come I watched her video.

I think she is interesting, not your usual fair. Maybe not the best vocalist, but certainly a step up from the generic junk we get to hear.

her pronunciation is so very off though, it's not British, not American, and heck, I don't think I have heard Aussies sound like that when singing.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
LOL, it's not 'school English'

:)
She sounds odd.

(Australia?)

I have no idea, but english programs get around.

I have a friend who was an English teacher in Guangzhao and China got thier English language program from Russia and Russia got it from England. A lot of time and distance there that does produce problems

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
She doesn't talk the way she sings

[yt]fWJ0XL_t7Zk[/yt]

But she definitely has a sense of humor about she comes across :D

[yt]RxElAqVmJ2M[/yt]

Latest Discussions