When you get bored...

bluemtn

Senior Master
Reaction score
Ummm... Not in a million years would I be THAT bored!

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Yeah, I think I'd rather read a book or go to a club or something. Ya can't be THAT bored!

JasonASmith

Black Belt
Reaction score
I'd give it a go, what the hell....
I get pretty bored sometimes, but then I remember it's because I'm at work...
Usually I just end up irritating my wife and kids when I'm not at work, and I have a millisecond(sp?) of down time...

wee_blondie

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I am so starved of entertainment right now, I actually watched Big Brother *gasp!* After that apaulling new low, the bungee swing looks like a great idea!!!!!

OP
Lisa

Lisa

Don't get Chewed!
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I am so starved of entertainment right now, I actually watched Big Brother *gasp!* After that apaulling new low, the bungee swing looks like a great idea!!!!!

Oh....wee blondie, I am so so sorry that you dropped to that level. But still, I don't think I would ever strap myself to two bungy cords and allow someone o fling me into the heavens.

wee_blondie

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Boredom has now been aleviated.....I called my best friend at home and her waters broke! Baby is en route and I'm not getting home till Wednesday. So I'm now bouncing around like a loony because I'm so excited for her! :uhyeah:

bydand

Senior Master
Reaction score
I'd do that, even not bored. As long as there was at least a 75% chance of not getting drove into the ground like a tent peg on the return. Be even better if it were a seat you could release and it shot you out over a lake, just think of the air time.... Oh yeah I'd do this in a heartbeat!

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Maybe it is becuase I am an engineer but, ....

I was not worried about trying, until I had a go at making it safer.

I could see some wierd dynamics occuring at certain masses or volumes of the person and this could cause a more up and down motion and that would not be good for the mass of the earth gives it so much more force then you, no matter how fast you are going.

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I could see some wierd dynamics occuring at certain masses or volumes of the person and this could cause a more up and down motion and that would not be good for the mass of the earth gives it so much more force then you, no matter how fast you are going.
Yeah, all I could see was a real-life version of Wile E. Coyote and the Roadrunner with Coyote being repeatedly slammed into the earth!

dubljay

Master of Arts
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I would definately try it! That looked like great fun.. unfortunately if I were to try it there would undoubtibly be a news story along the following... (given my usual luck on such things)

Yeah, all I could see was a real-life version of Wile E. Coyote and the Roadrunner with Coyote being repeatedly slammed into the earth!

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

I saw the same thing. Hence the Engineer in me. :D Poor Wiley, he just never was able to get his designs worked out. ;)

Latest Discussions