What's Up at PFS (DEFCON)?

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I notice that Paul Vunak is now pushing a program called DEFCON that seems to be his "next big thing". Does anyone know more about it? Looking at the page, it sounds like PFS/RAT with some no-gi BJJ and a military training approach:

PFS / DEFCON integrates a combination of the best, and effective techniques found in the four most effective disciplines known, specifically: Jeet Kune Do, Kickboxing, "No Gi" Brazilian Jiu Jitsu and Filipino Kali - to provide you with the most efficient and effective self defense system for today's world.

We can train you, and show you how to seamlessly implement this curriculum into your martial arts academy, or begin a new academy. We then take you one step further, and train you to utilize these skills within the framework of our new DEFCON program - and introduce them to the military, law enforcement, and to the average civilian who wants to protect themselves and their family.​

The page says they're recruiting a group of 50 instructors to launch the program:

We are recruiting a select group of 50 future instructors in the United States and Europe. Once we reach 50 - we have accomplished our goal. These instructors will not only learn to teach this curriculum, but will also have territorial exclusivity, use of our system name, ability to purchase PFS / DEFCON training DVDs and equipment at wholesale, and many other advantages.

OP
A

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I picked up the current issue of the U.K. martial arts magazine Combat yesterday, mostly because I was surprised to see it on the shelves. It has a section by Keith Gilliland about Paul Vunak's Kali, including edged weapon defense. Unfortunately, it doesn't address this new system/approach!

Latest Discussions