What would you do?

INDYFIGHTER

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I often wonder what it would take for me to pull my weapon. I've considered lots of situations but the one thing I never considered was pulling it to defend a strangers life. After reading about this incedent I keep wondering what if? What if I was the one this lady was following? Traffic stops and I watch in my review mirror as this lady gets out and starts screaming at the other lady behind her. Then I watch her get back in her car and come out with a gun and start pointing it at the other ladies car. The lady gets out and starts running and the women starts shooting and running after her. Am I obligated to help? Do I watch as she guns this woman down right behind me on the interstate? Just wondered what you all thought?
http://www.indystar.com/articles/5/200602-1945-092.html

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
That's a real sticky. Hypothetically if I were legally able to carry a gun (CWP) then perhaps use it to protect the lives of others if they were in immediate danger. LEO's would've had a hellva time getting there and a lot can happen between the inital 911 call and their arrival.
Or just duck down in my seat and hope she doesn't come my way. I'm not a cop nor am I a hero but a lot would depend on what I see going on and who's being threatened. Probably would do something if I saw children in the surrounding vehicles. Their lives are worth more to me than anyone else's.

KenpoTex

Senior Master
Reaction score
Like MACaver said, that's a tough call. I can't say with any finality what I'd do. At the very least I'd call 911 and I would probably have drawn my own weapon and tried to subdue the woman but I really don't know.
Christianson said Scott had followed his car closely since Indianapolis, a distance of about 50 miles. "Every time I changed lanes, she changed lanes right behind me," he said. "I had no clue what she was doing. I don't know why she aimed the gun at her. It could as easily have been aimed at me, I guess, if she was just mad at something."
Can we say lack of common sense? She follows him for 50 miles making every lane change and turn and the "red flags" don't go up? I don't know about you guys but I notice if a vehicle takes more than 2 lane changes or turns with me (especially at night). If it does it more than twice I usually drive around the block or pull into and right back out of a parking lot. If they're still following me after that I'd be calling the cops. Paranoid? I don't think so, especially not after reading stories like this.

Latest Discussions