What style of karate do you train

MMAfighter

Green Belt
Reaction score
I was just wondering what style of karate some people train in. Are there any ashihara, kyokushin, seido karatekas here?

WyldFya

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I was taught in Wado-ryu, and have continued to teach, and train in this style. I also work out with kyokushin several times a week, however, I have never converted to kyokushin.

Cirdan

Senior Master
Reaction score
My main style is Wado Ryu. Kyokushin is fairly common around here, but I haven`t tried it.

OP
M

MMAfighter

Green Belt
Reaction score
i forgot to add. Hwo about telling us your rank too :)

BushidoUK

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I currently hold a fourth Dan in a mixed Karate style of Shotokan and Zankido Ryu Ju Jitsu.

twendkata71

Black Belt
Reaction score
I train in the Seiei kan style of karate do mainly. It is an offshoot of the Koei Kan style in Japan. I have also trained in Shotokan,(Matsubayashi)Shorin ryu,Shito ryu(Shukokai), kenpo and ABS karate. As well as Jujitsu,and Okinawa Kobudo.
My teaching curriculum is made up of the four major Japanese styles of karate and Okinawan Shorin ryu.
I am currently at godan rank.

searcher

Senior Master
Reaction score
Roku-dan in Chito-ryu. I also have trained in Isshin-ryu and have recently went back to working in my first karate style EPAK. I train and assist in American Karate, but it is really TKD with a twist.

Brandon Fisher

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Style: Seijitsu Shin Do - Karate Do (Mix of Okinawan Karate, Kobudo, Ju Jitsu)
Current Rank:Godan / Founder of Seijitsu Shin Do

TimoS

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Kokusai Shorinji ryu, an off-shoot of Shorinji ryu Renshinkan and currently shodan in it. Haven't really trained in other styles, although I am interested in Okinawan styles. Unfortunately there aren't many to choose from here (only Seibukan and even that isn't available everywhere)

Nemesis

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I don't train karate anymore, but I when did, it was in a style that's fairly common were I'm from but that I've never seen discussed in this forum before (although I've never actually looked very hard for it either).

I did Karate-Do Shotokai, I was a brown belt when I decided to move on to other areas of MA.

JasonASmith

Black Belt
Reaction score
I don't train karate anymore, but I when did, it was in a style that's fairly common were I'm from but that I've never seen discussed in this forum before (although I've never actually looked very hard for it either).

I did Karate-Do Shotokai, I was a brown belt when I decided to move on to other areas of MA.
Do you mind if I ask you a few questions on the Shotokai?
I've been chomping at the bit to ask some questions from someone on the inside of that system...

twendkata71

Black Belt
Reaction score
Jason, if you would like information on the Shotokai karate do go to
www.shotokai.com it has all of the information about shotokai and what true karatedo is all about.:ultracool

Latest Discussions