What shoes are you wearing?

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Because of how we train with a highly repetitive grinding pivot on the concrete, barefoot shoes like Vibrams would not last a day. Solid shoes like cross trainers are a must. Every few months I have to replace them when the bottoms get ground away.

These pictures are from the pair that I recently replaced.

Attachments

• FC184C06-D6A2-42D6-9BB0-D6BD8D18C6F3.jpeg
    FC184C06-D6A2-42D6-9BB0-D6BD8D18C6F3.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 53
  • 63F86BF7-581C-43FC-AACE-15308595CAF8.jpeg
    63F86BF7-581C-43FC-AACE-15308595CAF8.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 48

Damien

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I like the New Balance Minimus trail running shoe. I don't even know if they are still the same as they were when I bought mine. They're not great for trail running (the tread pattern doesn't do well in anything soft or wet), but for training when I'm not actually barefoot, they are great.
I've heard a few people mention those, yet to try them though. Still got a few pairs to wear down. My wife keeps saying I need some new outdoor training shoes, but I'm used to wearing out the soles before I get rid of my Feiyues and Vibram soles seem to last a lot longer!

Maybe I'll check them out for my next pair though

Damien

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Because of how we train with a highly repetitive grinding pivot on the concrete, barefoot shoes like Vibrams would not last a day. Solid shoes like cross trainers are a must. Every few months I have to replace them when the bottoms get ground away.

These pictures are from the pair that I recently replaced.
A lot of barefoot shoes use Vibram soles and they are very tough. Much longer lasting than any other shoe I have worn even though the soles are thin.

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
A lot of barefoot shoes use Vibram soles and they are very tough. Much longer lasting than any other shoe I have worn even though the soles are thin.
I used to run with them and did like them for that. I am definitely familiar with them. They are not built for the way we train.

Latest Discussions