What organization do you belong to

Andrew Green

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
none - By far the best organization I have eved belonged to.

I get the freedom over what and how I teach that I want, I can draw from any sources I like, and the fees are perfect.

Pale Rider

Green Belt
Reaction score
Myself, I belong to the Progressive Tactics Martial Arts (Under Master Bill Barker) and I am also in Tang Soo Do United..

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Pale Rider said:
Myself, I belong to the Progressive Tactics Martial Arts (Under Master Bill Barker) and I am also in Tang Soo Do United..

Bill,

Welcome to Martial Talk. I believe we have meet. :asian:

Andrew,

Welcome to Martial Talk. :asian:

As to organizations, I currently do not belong, other than to say I am a friend of: :)

R

RHD

Andrew Green said:
none - By far the best organization I have eved belonged to.

I get the freedom over what and how I teach that I want, I can draw from any sources I like, and the fees are perfect.

Amen to that!

Mike

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
The non-WHRDA students of Hwa Rang Do are not organized together in a singular Kwan.

Therefore, my answer is...none.

Han-Mi

Purple Belt
Reaction score
very loosely under WTF and KTA(Korea TKD Association). In fact, our certificates, though recognized by the Kukkiwon, is not issued by the Kukkiwon.

Shogun

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Bujinkan. My Aiki Sensei heads the Shin ryu Aikido schools, as well as 8th Generation Soke of Ideta Ryu Aikijutsu. my links have more schools I am affiliated with.

H

Hanzo04

i belong to TMA or Taekwondo Masters Academy. it is affiliated with the WTF. i get top level intruction from some of the best martial artists in the world. and the fees are untouchable- $40 a month for six days of traiing. and it is headed by Grandmaster peter hwang 50 years of experience! i am happy right where i am.

Kuk Sa Nim

Green Belt
Reaction score
shesulsa said:
The non-WHRDA students of Hwa Rang Do are not organized together in a singular Kwan.

Therefore, my answer is...none.

Actually Shesulsa, this is not entirely true. There are several of us ex-WHRDA people who have united, and have forged on. Contrary to popular opinion, there exisits several "other" Hwarang" organizations. Some are connected to the main one, others are completely independant. Some are "authentic" and others are bogus, or non-JBL connected (such as these fellows in Spain, Puerto Rico and Chile). Personally, I have found the need to expand on our orginal United HRD Federation founded in 1993, into the I.D. S.C. - Modern Farang Mu Sul® International. This was out of neccesity, not any other personal motives. At any rate, even by doing a small amount of research in the internet, you'll find quite a bit of organizations (just not "recognized by WHRDA"). Good luck, keep training hard, and follow your heart.
Farang,
GM De Alba

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Farang, Kuk Sa Nim De Alba.

I obviously mis-worded my reply. I have looked at your website a great deal, Sir, as well as the site for The Society of the Hwarang. Please allow me to correct my wording; Some of the hwarang that are no longer affiliated with WHRDA have gone on to form their own schools and organizations and some have gone on to have singular clubs or teach privately, etcetera. However there is not one single organized Kwan that encompasses all or most of the non-whrda members, such as there is ITF and WTF for Tae Kwon Do - I was trying to make an analysis and was incomplete in doing so. Thank you for catching me.

For instance, I am affiliated with my teacher's academy and his teacher's academy. However, we are not overseen by an official organization or association other than the underlying tenets of martial arts and the Do O Kae.

Your post on another thread about the ousted hwarang was intriguing. To Kwan or not to Kwan - I like that. :)

Farang,

G. Ketchmark

Raewyn

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
We dont belong to any organisation as such. Its calle "Incorporated Martial Arts" based on TKD, but as the name states, incorporates all forms of MA, thats what makes it stand out!

The Kai

Master of Arts
Reaction score
MACS - the Martial Arts Collective Society

M

Mark Weiser

• The Mixed Martial Arts Network
  • International Combat Martial Arts Unions Association
  • INTERNATIONAL SECURITY INDUSTRY ORGANIZATION
  • International Karate Connection Association
  • Terrorism Research Association
  • Potomac Institute Center for Counter Terrorism Studies​
I am in the process of getting more Anti-Terrorism Association memberships. Well let ya know.

M

Mark Weiser

pakua said:
The Judean Peoples' Front
There are two possible replys to this

1. Are you referring to THE LIFE OF BRAIN ?
  2. Or are you referring to another group aka the Phillipine Group?

S

sifu nick

We belong to no organizations unless you count things like NASKA, NBL, KRANE which some students are rated through therefore members and some of their tourneys which we support.

Latest Discussions