What is you're favourite submission?

• Thread starter Insedia_Cantharis
  • Start date
I

Insedia_Cantharis

We all have one, the one that we feel comfertable doing, and know every possible way to do it. What is you favourite submission?

Mine is the gilloutine choke. Severe advantages to having small arms for you're partner's neck to contend with.%-}

What is your's?

Shogun

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Against BJJ guys: figure 4 toehold (anklelock)
against wrestlers: Sankaku jime (triangle)
against punchers: outer wrist throw to armbar
against kickers: heel hook

cheers,
KE

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
My favorite submission? Being tied down while she's wearing her best sexy outfit and.... oh wait you meant Martial Art submission... sorry about that... :uhyeah:
uhh, favorite would have to be a sissor leg lock around the waist from behind on the ground.... all I got to do is squeeze.

Andrew Green

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
MACaver said:
uhh, favorite would have to be a sissor leg lock around the waist from behind on the ground.... all I got to do is squeeze.
umm...

That won't work very well on a experienced grappler, actually it will probably get you leg locked...

If you got the back look for the choke and use your hooks, DO NOT cross your feet...

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Well, okay, I'll go with that... but then I haven't gone to ground with too many "experienced" grapplers and the technique works...combined with a fistful of hair in one hand and a fistful of windpipe in the other... it's subdued a couple of guys...bigger than me even. :idunno: whatever works ya know? If not successful there then improvising off the top of my head goes pretty well... :asian:

OP
T

tmanifold

Achilles lock is one of my favorites. Rear naked choke is great. Oh yeah and my teeth around the guys trachea is quite effective.

gmunoz

Purple Belt
Reaction score
tmanifold said:
Oh yeah and my teeth around the guys trachea is quite effective.
Yeah, the teeth around the trachea is pretty intense. My neck is still bruised up from it! LOL

Enson

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
tmanifold said:
Achilles lock is one of my favorites. Rear naked choke is great. Oh yeah and my teeth around the guys trachea is quite effective.
i prefer my knee on his trachea. i don't know thats just me! lol!

OP
B

Bigodinho

If I can get them on the ground, I usually just keep kicking them until they say stop. That usually works well. Then again, we don't have submission holds in capoeira. lol.

Zepp

Master of Arts
Reaction score
The woods of Marin County, California, USA
My grappling experience is minimal, but I'm also a fan of the gilloutine. For some reason, people just don't wait very long to tap out when you apply that one in training. I wonder why? :EG:

Lisa

Don't get Chewed!
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
It changes depending on who I am sparring with :EG: :)

I seem to go through these stages, arm bars for a while, rear naked chokes if they are silly enough to give me their back, or chokes. I like them all!

ace

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Jujigatame or Cross Body Armbar From any Position
Has been My Bread & Butter

Im also Verry good at
:partyon: Heel Hooks & Toe Holds.

OP
J

JDenz

Primo has yet to master the two handed choke

OP