what is aikijujitsu, does anyone still teach?

Korppi76

Green Belt
Reaction score
spatulahunter said:
it is takeda daito ryu aiki jujutsu.

http://www.daito-ryu.org/takedaso.html

that explains who takeda was
Hmm could be... I was reading "Secrets of Samurai" and it made distinction between Daito ryu (which is older) and Takeda ryu. That book said the first one is that one in that link and that other one was only mentioned but I got impression that it was some earlier branch of Daito ryu.
But this is only my understanding about what I read.

spatulahunter

Green Belt
Reaction score
Korppi76 said:
Hmm could be... I was reading "Secrets of Samurai" and it made distinction between Daito ryu (which is older) and Takeda ryu. That book said the first one is that one in that link and that other one was only mentioned but I got impression that it was some earlier branch of Daito ryu.
But this is only my understanding about what I read.

hmm maybe im mistaken. I just know that sokaku takeda was the forefather of modern daito ryu and his son tokimune takeda took over the art although he is no longer alive his students still teach. And since ryu means school it would translate to "takedas school" and i have never heard of him teaching anything but daito ryu. Then again it could be a name that someone took for their school so they could sound good

Shotochem

Purple Belt
Founding Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

We used to have a small group of people who trained 2 days a week at our dojo. They were AkiJuJitsu. They were real good serious nasty techniques and weapon defenses. Throws, locks, takedowns, it hurt to watch at times.
From what I undersand about this group is that they sort of went underground after their head guy had passed away and they weren't into the whole political thing. :whip:

It sucks. I really wanted to train with those guys. We used to warm up with them occasionally before starting our respective classes. They showed us some nasty techniques!!!!! :xtrmshock

Great bunch of guys.

Korppi76

Green Belt
Reaction score
spatulahunter said:
hmm maybe im mistaken. I just know that sokaku takeda was the forefather of modern daito ryu and his son tokimune takeda took over the art although he is no longer alive his students still teach. And since ryu means school it would translate to "takedas school" and i have never heard of him teaching anything but daito ryu. Then again it could be a name that someone took for their school so they could sound good
Heh, more likely I am mistaken. I have only read that other aiki jutsu ryu form that boot which is ... quite not so accurate.

firtamag

White Belt
Reaction score
Does anybody know of a Aikijujitsu school in the San Antonio , Texas area ?