What ever happened to Ron Marek?

KENPOJOE

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Hi folks,
Ron Marek used to run an organization called the IKKF [international kenpo karate federation] but i havent seen hide nor hair of him in a while. Anyone know what happened to him? He was featured in a couple of Lee Bachman's books too!His website's been down for awhile as well.
Thanks,
KENPOJOE

cdhall

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Maybe he sold out of Black Belt Rings.
:rofl:
Sorry, I had to take that shot. I don't know anything about Mr. Marek but I had been to his website. His certificates were very colorful as I remember.
:asian:

teej

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Interesting is that I have been receiving e-mails lately to join his IKKF organization. His web site has a Sept. 91' IKKA news letter listing supposedly all of Mr. Parkers black belts 3 months prior to SGM Parkers passing.

Although there are many names I know listed on this list, I find it interesting the names "THAT ARE NOT" on this list that very well should be. Some well known Seniors do not seem to be there unless I missed them. Has this list on his web site been editied for some reason?

I also find interesting that GrandMaster Marek, as he goes by, of his "Bushido Kenpo" is wearing a knock off IKKA crest patch. There is a lot of EP kenpo references on his site, yet I can not seem to find his name listed on this "Ed Parker black belts" list.

Does he have any Ed Parker kenpo background at all????

DavidCC

Master of Arts
Reaction score
My teacher attended a seminar session with him in Las Vegas last year - part of a larger line-up.

As part of my effort to only say nice things in writing in public, I will end this post now.

Latest Discussions