What do Women want?

Archangel M

Senior Master
Reaction score
http://townhall.com/columnists/DennisPrager/2010/12/28/what_do_women_want/page/1

In my previous column, I offered an answer to the question: What do men want?
I made the case that what men most want from the woman they love is to be admired.

If my answer is correct, and if we presume that the natures of men and women are complementary (a presumption many men and women understandably doubt given how often men and women do not get along), what women most want must be related to that which men most want.

I believe it is.

What a woman most wants is to be loved by a man she admires.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
A man who can pick after himself, do the dishes, not pee on the toilet seat and is basically a man, and not a boy...

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Independance, the right to make her own choices, not to be owned (literally) and the freedom to be who she wants to be.
Only if a woman has that is anything else valuable.

billc

Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dennis Prager is great. He has a lot of wisdom and is one of my favorite radio hosts. In fact, I belong to his podcast service, he is really the only one I belong to and use. You can't go wrong with Dennis.

OP
Archangel M

Archangel M

Senior Master
Reaction score
The problem with relationships and the divorce rate is rooted in the fact that the relationship is being given a backseat to what each individual WANTS for themselves other than a good relationship.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dennis Prager is great. He has a lot of wisdom and is one of my favorite radio hosts. In fact, I belong to his podcast service, he is really the only one I belong to and use. You can't go wrong with Dennis.

Well he's wrong this time, if anything a woman wants to be loved by the PERSON she loves, doesn't have to be a man.

OP
Archangel M

Archangel M

Senior Master
Reaction score
Should have known the "gay issue" was gonna arrive. Just replace "man" with "person" and lets move on...mmmm-k??

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
The problem with relationships and the divorce rate is rooted in the fact that the relationship is being given a backseat to what each individual WANTS for themselves other than a good relationship.

Well, knock me over with a feather...see, the deal is this: A relationship is build on compromise. Ideally that means both parties give and take an equal amount. however, if you give what is not wanted it's useless. The 'wants' reflect the 'needs' to a large part. The needs are not met in the relationship it just won't work.

Well he's wrong this time, if anything a woman wants to be loved by the PERSON she loves, doesn't have to be a man.
Well, respected by the surrounding. Yes, loved by the one she loves.
(can you love but not respect?)

Should have known the "gay issue" was gonna arrive. Just replace "man" with "person" and lets move on...mmmm-k??

Wasn't one til you made it one...

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Are you a woman? No. So as the question is what does a woman want and I'm a woman, guess my answer is more valid, it's not a 'gay' issue, I'm British we don't have a gay issue, that is so last century.

OP
Archangel M

Archangel M

Senior Master
Reaction score
Come on now.

I have lost track of how many times I have heard conversations or see threads of women discussing what Men want..how men "are"..etc.

Lets not go to the "appeal to authority based on sexuality" this soon in the thread.

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Me.

Cuz I am god's gift to them

*Snicker Snicker.*

Who wants to unwrap me??? :D

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Come on now.

I have lost track of how many times I have heard conversations or see threads of women discussing what Men want..how men "are"..etc.

Lets not go to the "appeal to authority based on sexuality" this soon in the thread.

I suppose we just got there.... :)

I think men are easy to figure out.
3 needs...and that is not from be but from Bill Engval....

OP
Archangel M

Archangel M

Senior Master
Reaction score
I suppose we just got there.... :)

I think men are easy to figure out.
3 needs...and that is not from be but from Bill Engval....

Typical.

Discuss women and it's all about psychology, depth and mystery.

Talk about Men and it references to comedy skits.

I find it a bit insulting and a cultural problem actually.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Come on now.

You mean this is meant to be serious thread? I honestly thought it was a humerous one, oh well I'll leave you all to it if you are going to be po faced.

OP
Archangel M

Archangel M

Senior Master
Reaction score
You mean this is meant to be serious thread? I honestly thought it was a humerous one, oh well I'll leave you all to it if you are going to be po faced.

This is the Study isn't it?

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Typical.

Discuss women and it's all about psychology, depth and mystery.

Talk about Men and it references to comedy skits.

I find it a bit insulting and a cultural problem actually.

You ain't reading for comprehention.

Women are easy to please and wow. It's just, they are not listened to, most of the time.
You make it all mysterious, when most women want the simple things in life:
Not having to trail laundry from one end of the house to the other, people beside her who know how to pull the trash bag out, deposit said trash in the receptical for pick up and replace the liner...
You have no idea how sexy a guy doing dishes is!
Yes, there are wants and such, but those seem to be born out of desperation. many women these days have fulltime jobs, but they still do the majority of the housework.
There is no mystery in that!

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is the Study isn't it?

Whenever a man spouts 'wisdom' on what a woman wants, or vice versa it isn't going to be a serious discussion. We are individuals and all want different things. A blanket assumption of what one gender wants is pointless and actually somewhat patronising. Ask instead what individuals want out of life and what they do or are doing to get that.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
It would be a revolutionary concept to just ask your significant other what he/she wants.

But even then, you still have to listen.

Oh, and THEN you have to make the effort to follow through....

Latest Discussions