What discipline

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
action do you take for your childern class and how do you handle it with your adults students?
Terry

mantis

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
for adutls it seems communicating clearly what you want them to do will do the job. make sure you are firm, nice, and never make the relationship with them too friendly. always make them feel you are their teacher, not their 'homie'

kids: looks like a firm look can do, some compliments in front of parents will motivate them, threaten do make them do pushups, and actually make them do it if they do not listen. try to bend down and talk to them one-to-one in a friendly way. with kids good luck!

DavidCC

Master of Arts
Reaction score
For the kids, we use push-ups or heel lifts (on their back, heels 2" off the floor). In extreme cases, I will sit them down outside the trainnig floor for 5 or 10 minutes.

For adults, usually a verbal correction is all that's needed and we move on. But I can't think of any time that any of our adult students has really needed any kind of disciplinary action :/ They're adults after all :) Everyone just respects our teacher too much and really wants to be there and we're all friends so, bad behavior is very rare.

matt.m

Senior Master
Reaction score
Gee, I see this where I train. It is a small class so there is not really a separate kids and adult class. When helping the little guys go down to their level by dropping to one knee. Just tell your wishes to an adult.

Latest Discussions