What did you want to be when you Grew up?

M

MountainSage

I have always wanted to be a farmer and I am. I come from 6 generations of farmers, 4 generations on the same piece of land. For you slow people that's the same family living on the same land with the same occupation for 120+ years. You be that give the pride and I'll show it:D .

Mountainsage

Aikikitty

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
When I was little I wanted to be an artist like my Grandmom. I haven't drawn much in the last several years and I'm out of practice (I'm trying to get back into it). However, I always wanted to be an artist but I never dreamed I'd end up being a martial artist!!!! :) :D :) In a way, my "goal" came true!;)

Robyn :asian:

2fisted

I'm tryin. But unfortunately that's pretty dang hard. Especially if you're a jazz musician. :D I gotta work a day job that I can barely tolerate like most people.... :(

M

MartialArtsChic

Originally posted by KenpoTess
Doctor? Lawyer? Vet? Martial Artist?
Did you have some childhood dream of stardom? Power?

Who actually is doing what they dreamed of?

I am. I always wanted to be a secretary once I saw my mother practicing her shorthand when she was on the phone. It's the only job that I ever wanted to do.

And yes, I always wanted to be a martial artist and here I am.

Lorrie

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
My interests as a child varied widely and numerously. Doctor (nope), writer (done that), artist (done that too), soldier/military(nope 4-F), caver (yep), actor (yep), director (nope), counselor (yep), martial artist (yep), rancher (nope), chef (yep), truck driver (yep), loving husband (nope) loving parent (err, yep...kinda).

Right now I'm looking into working for the forest service.

Anyway... who says I've grown up?? heh ;) :D :asian:

ABN

Green Belt
Reaction score
I wanted to be a trash man. I thought it was the greatest thing to ride on the back of the truck and make all the noise I wanted early in the morning. then I wanted to be a fighter pilot (eyes failed me), then I wanted to be a soldier [paratrooper] (did it), then I wanted to be a winemaker (did that), a Parrothead (quietly making noise!), then someone started a war and I am back to being a soldier...

"Grow old not up."

- Jimmy Buffett

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Chemist/Scientist/Engineer

This is what I thought I would be :D

T

TheRustyOne

Paleontologist! :-D

...i never really wanted to be a Martial Artist, it just kinda happened...teehee

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by Rich Parsons
Chemist/Scientist/Engineer

Yes, chemist/electrical engineer/high school math. teacher for me in high school. I ended up a college math. professor who teaches engineering students, so not far off.

Earlier, martial arts instructor or something in security that would work that background in.

Now, I'd like to be filthy rich and living the easy life in Hawai'i.

Shodan

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Well, I always wanted to be a marine biologist.....but I got steered away from that when I was younger and visited a marine biologist lab.....they basically told me it is very hard to go anywhere with it and you basically have to wait for someone higher up to die off before you would advance anywhere...I then wanted to just work with ocean life in some capacity, but I always lived at least 3 hours from the ocean.....so that didn't work out.

Then, I wanted to be a veterinarian......that one never came true either, but I sure have owned and doctored enough pets/animals in my lifetime on my own!!

Then, I thought I'd work with children......so I went to college for that and came out with a B.A. in Child Development and two minors- one in psychology and one in family relations. I became a pre-K teacher for awhile and also worked in a psych. hospital for awhile- so I used me degrees there some.

Now, I am REALLY using my degree as I watch my son progress thru the various stages of babyhood. I am now a stay at home Mommy and love it.

As for martial arts......didn't have the bug until I was 13.....and am still plugging away at it today at age 30.

:asian: :karate:

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by arnisador
Yes, chemist/electrical engineer/high school math. teacher for me in high school. I ended up a college math. professor who teaches engineering students, so not far off.

Earlier, martial arts instructor or something in security that would work that background in.

Now, I'd like to be filthy rich and living the easy life in Hawai'i.

Hawai'i? Why this is my new plan also, to retire to their and train on the beach and body surf.

As to Martial Arts, I fell into Martial Arts to learn who to hurt people with out putting them into the hospital from pure strength :eek: , hence how I liked the disarming of Modern Arnis and the Joint Locks for Control.

Rob Broad

Master of Arts
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
When I was about 5 I saw the TV Show Kung Fu on Tv and since then I always wanted to be a martial arts instructor. Luckily I do teach, and I am in the process of opening a new school. Who would have known a TV show would have shaped my life.

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
A Jedi.

Or a Ninja.

I made number 2. WOrking on the first one... heh heh

theletch1

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I always wanted to be a Marine. I can remember the exact moment and it was when I was watching John Wayne in "The Sands of Iwo Jima". Did it, loved it. Never really considered being a trucker when I was a kid, but I enjoy doing it now that that is how I support my family. As for martial arts.... nope, it's one of those loves in your life that you kinda bump into.

Latest Discussions