What are your chances of surviving the Zombie Apocalypse?

grydth

Senior Master
Reaction score
60% only? Not enough value for my shooting skills says I.

This zombie apocalypse thing....... is it sci-fi like Legend/World War Z, or .....is it the coming Democratic sweep of the 2008 elections?

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
50% chance! I'm doomed...
Well it'd be a comfort to know that you'd be first to go... I ended up with a 55% chance of survival... mainly because I don't have a gun... but I'd be damned sure to get one...

But of course I could always get one of these... :uhyeah:

Attachments

• $zomby_emergency.jpg
    $zomby_emergency.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 183

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
72% - need more cardio and more non-perishables.

Grenadier

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Not too shabby... Maybe my chances go up if I select the hospital instead of the mall.

88%

michaeledward

Grandmaster
Reaction score
41% ...

I have learned about myself, that a Zombie Apocolypse is the only reason I would visit a Walmart ... my thoughts being that they got weapons there.

CoryKS

Senior Master
Reaction score
Keep in mind: in the case of a zombie apocalypse, you are just as edible to the human survivors as you are to the zombies.

I'm just sayin'.

Blindside

Grandmaster
Founding Member
Reaction score
41% ...

I have learned about myself, that a Zombie Apocolypse is the only reason I would visit a Walmart ... my thoughts being that they got weapons there.

And really fat customers to hide behind and to distract the zombies from you, you'll have to reload sometime.

Blindside

Grandmaster
Founding Member
Reaction score
86%, ah the advantages of living in the boonies and being well armed.

So can zombies freeze? They don't have any body warmth, so I'm thinking they will just freeze solid in our winter months with daytime highs of 17 degrees (F).

tellner

Senior Master
Reaction score
About those "non-perishables"...

I wonder if Zombie is good to eat?

shesulsa

MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
About those "non-perishables"...

I wonder if Zombie is good to eat?
I *think* ... if you consume zombie flesh you either become a Zombie or a ghoul (ghoul, I think). But if you consume unaltered human flesh you become a cannibal ... unless you're dead, in which case that would make you a ghoul.

Nevertheless, zombie flesh would be skanky and gross ... unlike the tartar condition of human freshly killed.

tellner

Senior Master
Reaction score
Drat. Well. Hmm. So much for that idea.

Well, adapt or end up as food. What are the pros and cons of being a ghoul? Do you get to keep your human intelligence? Do zombies take you off the menu?

shesulsa

MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Drat. Well. Hmm. So much for that idea.

Well, adapt or end up as food. What are the pros and cons of being a ghoul? Do you get to keep your human intelligence? Do zombies take you off the menu?
I think you're undead as a ghoul, though zombies can still destroy you. And no, I don't think you get to keep your human intelligence, though I think you don't rot like zombies do.

Although, there appears to be several interpretations as to exactly what a ghoul is.

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I *think* ... if you consume zombie flesh you either become a Zombie or a ghoul (ghoul, I think). But if you consume unaltered human flesh you become a cannibal ... unless you're dead, in which case that would make you a ghoul.

Nevertheless, zombie flesh would be skanky and gross ... unlike the tartar condition of human freshly killed.
No movie has yet to show what would happen to a Zombie if not destroyed... in one horrific movie one female zombie which was cut in half and then tied down to an autopsy table (anyone know that one?-- I forget the name) with her spinal column wiggling back and forth was able to speak and answer questions... she was asked why they desired brains... she croaked back ..."to kill the pain... the pain of being dead... I can feel myself rotting..."
Obviously one of those scenes that kinda sticks with you after watching it. But she/it could've been classified as a ghoul but for the fact she's already dead... I think ghouls are living beings that have mutated to something below human-ness.

On the history channel there have been shows about cannibalism and several times they've had doctors talking about the nutritional value of human flesh and how if one is starving that it would be better to eat human flesh over a regular meal because of the nutritional elements needed by the starving person are already in the flesh and thus doesn't need to be processed as much.

But to eat zombie... the rotting flesh... well imagine yourself on fear factor and having to eat something that's been found in the back of the (unplugged) fridge that'd been put there six months ago.
Uhh, no thank you from this end of the table.