What Are You Training Now?

kroh

Brown Belt
Reaction score
What paticular aspect of Jun Fan Gung Fu , JKD are you working on now?

I know that for myself, I am taking abother look at the overall structure of the art. I am going back to a lot of the movements that I have done for a while and taking another look to make sure they have the correct form (combos flow from one to the next with no wasted motion, good body position for positive power in striking, etc.).

What is every one else up to?

Regards,
Walt

N

Neon Knight

Working that trapping stuff more than ever - the clinch!

Standing/clinch and ground, just like always. Really good stuff and a lot of fun.

OP
kroh

kroh

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Neon Knight said:
Working that trapping stuff more than ever - the clinch!

Standing/clinch and ground, just like always. Really good stuff and a lot of fun.

The trapping thing I usually do okay on except for one thing...I usually have so much fun within the framework that I forget the point...To KUNGFU B!+ch slap the other guy...

Oh well...hit and learn....

Regards,
Walt

N

Neon Knight

Yep...it seems that getting caught up in that compound stuff is a trap in itself for a lot of folks.

I look at it a little differently because the "traps" themselves aren't "classical" traps. It's more like control tie-ups. I like hitting as well but my personal objective is the takedown from there, hitting when they counter that initial drop. It's different that the typical strategy.

-John

James Kovacich

Senior Master
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
John,
I see it as you do too but don't forget if the striking "presents itself," take it. For training purposes when I teach and train I practice both ways becuase it is the best way to beat a grappler by not ignoring their training methods. But the biggest advantage that I have when I fight is that I will take the right action for the situation. Never looking for a certain technique or range but being "effective" in all ranges.

Latest Discussions