Jeet kune Do near Louisville, KY?

VT1010

White Belt
Reaction score
I'd really like to learn JKD, but can't seem to find anyone near me that will teach it. Does anybody know of anyone in or near Louisville, Kentucky that teaches it? Thanks.

pesilat

3rd Black Belt
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
VT1010 said:
I'd really like to learn JKD, but can't seem to find anyone near me that will teach it. Does anybody know of anyone in or near Louisville, Kentucky that teaches it? Thanks.

I don't know of any JKD instructors in the Louisville area but I teach Filipino Kali and Indonesian Pentjak Silat here in Louisville. If that interests you then check out my website at http://impactacademy.com

Mike

OP
V

VT1010

White Belt
Reaction score
Thanks, pesilt, but ufortunately I'm only interested in JKD right now. Maybe sometime down the road I might be interested though.

Arnisador, could you give some more details?

Also, near doesn't have to be within five minutes of Lousiville. A half an hour is fine.

Thanks.

Guro Harold

Senior Master
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Hi VT1010,

Welcome to MartialTalk!!!

Try contacting Ernie Lake ("Ern-Dog" on MT). He is a friend of mine who I meet through FCS-Kali. He is based in Lexington, Ky and has a JKD background as well as kali. He's very knowledgeable and a great guy.

His contact info is below.

Lexington Martial Arts Academy
INSTRUCTOR: Ernie Lake
EMAIL: [email protected]

Best regards,

-Palusut

OP
V

VT1010

White Belt
Reaction score
Yes, I've already had a couple of sessions with Ernie Lake. So far, it's been great!

Thanks for all of your help.

Guro Harold

Senior Master
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
VT1010 said:
Yes, I've already had a couple of sessions with Ernie Lake. So far, it's been great!

Thanks for all of your help.
You're welcome, happy to be of assistance!
-Palusut

Navarre

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Palasut, I live about 2 hours away from lexington. However, my wife's aunt lives in Louisville and my wife often talks of moving there to be closer to family.

Although living closer to my in-laws ranks right up there with self-lobotomy on the fun category, it would be much more palatable if I knew of a good martial arts school. Do you have anything else about Mr. Lake, his style, or his school you'd like to add? I'd be interested in knowing more. (I'd e-mail him but I may never move there and, if I did, it will be in about 4 years.)

Thanks for any info you might have.

Guro Harold

Senior Master
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Navarre said:
Palasut, I live about 2 hours away from lexington. However, my wife's aunt lives in Louisville and my wife often talks of moving there to be closer to family.

Although living closer to my in-laws ranks right up there with self-lobotomy on the fun category, it would be much more palatable if I knew of a good martial arts school. Do you have anything else about Mr. Lake, his style, or his school you'd like to add? I'd be interested in knowing more. (I'd e-mail him but I may never move there and, if I did, it will be in about 4 years.)

Thanks for any info you might have.
Hi Navarre,

Actually, Ernie is a member of MT as well. I would suggest PMing him if you like. His member name is "Ern-dog". I am sure he would be happy to respond.

What I know of him is that he is very knowledgeable and thorough martial artist. He knows his stuff yet he is very friendly and approachable. He is a voracious learner too.

Hope this helps,

Palusut

Ern-Dog

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Thanks for the kind words, guys.

VT1010 has now got a decent base to start from. If he continues to train and grow, I have no doubt that he can find "his" JKD.

Sin

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
VT1010 said:

I know of one though.

Sensei Scott Middleton...

um...send me a PM or an IM either on AIM or yahoo...and I will hook you up...I belive he teachs at the Toshi(sp) dojo....he is also a grappling instructor