Western Martial Arts in Northeast Ohio

Ken Pfrenger

Green Belt
Reaction score
Northeast Ohio Historical European Martial Arts Society or NEOHEMAS for short is a training group that has existed for several years. Currently we are located in Kinsman Ohio in northern Trumbull County.

We focus on western martial traditions such as bareknuckle boxing, various forms of wrestling and fencing with several different weapons. For more info visit our website @
http://mywebpage.netscape.com/neohemas/neohemas.html

OP
Ken Pfrenger

Ken Pfrenger

Green Belt
Reaction score
Wow, you are close! Anytime you want to swing by, just drop me an email or something. We are a very informal bunch and we are always looking for new folks to stab...err...I mean train with:)

Speaking of pymatuning...we just took our littlest one there a few weeks ago to feed the fish at the spillway.

stone_dragone

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Last time I was home, I took my inlaws to see the fish/ducks (they are from REading, near Phily) they didn't believe me...no one believes us when we say the ducks walk on the fish!

I'll be home for midtour from Iraq in about a week, but I doubt that I'll be able to make it over...It'll be all I can do to make it to Espyville for my teacher's karate practice (but I'll never live it down if his adopted son skipped out!)

I'll definately have more time around October/November!

OP
Ken Pfrenger

Ken Pfrenger

Green Belt
Reaction score
Very cool, just drop me a message when you get the chance to come out.

green meanie

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Very nice. Thanks for the link. I'm about 3 hours away. Perhaps on a weekend I could come out sometime too. :asian:

OP
Ken Pfrenger

Ken Pfrenger

Green Belt
Reaction score
green meanie said:
Very nice. Thanks for the link. I'm about 3 hours away. Perhaps on a weekend I could come out sometime too. :asian:

Howdie green meanie! You are more than welcome to stop out...not sure If we can make that 3 hour drive worth your while though but we will try:)

green meanie

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Ken Pfrenger said:
Howdie green meanie! You are more than welcome to stop out...not sure If we can make that 3 hour drive worth your while though but we will try:)

Don't sweat it. Making new friends is always worth the trip. :asian:

OP
Ken Pfrenger

Ken Pfrenger

Green Belt
Reaction score
green meanie said:
Don't sweat it. Making new friends is always worth the trip. :asian:

Ain't that the truth:)

I attend several large conventions every year and always the best part...aside from the training, for me is to hang out with like minded folks.

Brandon Fisher

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Man isn't that the truth about the spillway. :) I have spent alot of time at Pymatuning State Park

OP
Ken Pfrenger

Ken Pfrenger

Green Belt
Reaction score
If it wasn't so unbelievable to watch I would have to say that it was sort of gross:) I remember going there as a child then when my kids grew to the age where they could appreciate such a sight, I took them.

Nice are though. We only moved here a little over a year ago and really have taken to to it quite well.

OP
Ken Pfrenger

Ken Pfrenger

Green Belt
Reaction score
Just a quick bumpo to let people know that we are still alive and kicking here in Northeast Ohio!

Latest Discussions