Weird Call from the Kukkiown?!!

troubleenuf

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Ok... so Im sitting here at 11:15 tonight and I get a call... no big deal I usually dont make it to bed till 12:30 1:00 anyway.... But its the Kukkiwon calling. Not the call I expect but OK. So this guy who I can hardly here that of course is having a hard time speaking english starts telling me that Black belt certificates that I received 5 months ago are suddenly not paid for? First of all they get paid when they are applied for or they dont get processed so what the heck is going on with this? Anyone else getting these strange calls? Never got one before like this so its just strange to get one now.

msmitht

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Sounds like bs. Bet someone hacked your computer and is now trying to get your cc info.

MAist25

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Hmmm, sounds iffy to me... Make sure you get in touch with someone from the Kukkiwon to make sure someones not just trying to pull a fast one on you.

miguksaram

Master of Arts
Reaction score
It is most likely a scam. KKW will not process without payment first. Plus you can always check your statements to see if your payment did indeed go through.

d1jinx

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
yeah, dont get that one, unless your card disputed or would not pay the charges to XIMBAY. I save the emails/reciepts, and CC statements, so I would have proof if anyone calledd.

I WOULD def follow up on it though, cause if they did loose track of your payments, they wont process any more DAN apps until you clear it up.

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Did you give the caller any personal information, such as your name, your address, credit card info, etc?

OP
T

troubleenuf

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Ok... Now I gotta laugh... I figured this out at about 2 a.m. last night and dang near busted a gut and got kicked out of bed by the wife. A couple of months ago I was going through credit card statements and came across a charge for weird something or other in Singapore? What the heck?!!! I didnt charge anything to some company I never even heard of before in Singapore so I called and had the credit card company dispute it and reverse the charge and went on my merry way. Turns out THAT was what the call was about last night. Seems like the Kukkiwon sends their charges through Singapore? Never had that one show up before and never had it show up with a strange name before either. Makes me wonder were that money is going and who it is going to and how many hands it goes through before it gets there?