Web domain names

H

Hagakure

I hope I am in the right section so forgive me if I'm not. I have been picked to create a website for my taekwondo school. The only problem is our school doesn't have an official name and my instructors want me to brainstorm some .com names. So if you guys could help me come up with a catchy name I would be eternally thankful. We belong to the ITF or International Taekwondo Federation.

TigerWoman

Senior Master
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, can you find a directory of ITF schools? Or just find directories. Most of the good names have already been taken just a different Black Tiger Taekwondo School in a different state. If your master, owner doesn't want to use his name as the school name or there is more than one person doing the instructing, then it gets to be like United Taekwondo, or regional like Southwest Taekwondo etc. You need to just look at lists of schools and just start listing them...one name might lead to another that isn't listed. My 2c TW

Michael Billings

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
In Austin I thought about NorthAustinKenpoKarate.com, so geography is a good identifier especially if the name is not already taken. It can be the instructor's name e.g. Ed Parker's Kenpo Karate or his association initials, my association is www.akts.us.

You can always be "Kwoondo.com" it is not taken, etc. Ask the kids class for ideas or poll students.

My site was small and for my students only, then ended up being my 4th degree thesis, see Kenpo-Texas.com

These are shameless plugs, but I had thought about centexkenpo.com, a competetor/friend of mine already had AustinKenpoKarate.com which is easy to remember, but hard to type.

-Michael

Samurai

Blue Belt
Founding Member
Reaction score
Something like <yourtown>ITF.com (example: ChicagoITF.com)

Something with KICK in it might be OK - ChicagoKICK.com

You can check domain names at http://www.netsol.com

Thanks
Jeremy Bays

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'd go with ChicagoTaekwondo.com or ChicagoTKD.com or ChicagoITF.com or the like (assuming Chicago is the city).

Latest Discussions