We Are Borg...er...democrats...we all belong to Government...

billc

Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, thanks democrats for showing everyone how you really feel. In the following video, the democrats state that "Government is the only thing we all belong to." Yes. We all belong to the government. At least they have come out into the open...

The admission that we all belong to the government comes in on the video at the 7 second mark...can't wait for the ads on this one...

​http://www.redstate.com/2012/09/04/democrats-proudly-declare-we-all-belong-to-the-government/

This is unreal. The founders must be rolling over in their grave. The constitution starts with “We the People,” not we the government. The government belongs to us, we do not belong to the government. The government is our servant. We do not serve government. We are Americans. We are not all wards or property of the state, despite Barack Obama’s best efforts.
I think we can say the Democrats are fulling embracing Barack Obama’s claim that “you didn’t build that.” It’s clear from this we did not take Barack Obama out of context. The Democrats really do believe government built it all.
This is what the Soviets did in their propaganda. They portrayed the people in service to the state. The collective overrode the individuals. The Democrats are finally embracing their inner marxists. Consistent with this, they’ve ditched God from their platform. Religion is, after all, the opiate of the people and is unnecessary when we are all collectively creatures of the state.

rainesr

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Well, thanks democrats for showing everyone how you really feel. In the following video, the democrats state that "Government is the only thing we all belong to." Yes. We all belong to the government. At least they have come out into the open...

The admission that we all belong to the government comes in on the video at the 7 second mark...can't wait for the ads on this one...

​http://www.redstate.com/2012/09/04/democrats-proudly-declare-we-all-belong-to-the-government/

The article takes the statement "We belong to the government" out of context, I didn't get that we are property of our government but rather are members of the social unit that is our government much like I am a member of the social unit that is my Martial Arts School, as the supporting statements suggested. I think the speaker's poor use of English in that particular speech was the problem not his statement.

Now Obama's you didn't build it speech was just demoralizing and a sad day for America.

~Rob

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
The article takes the statement "We belong to the government" out of context, I didn't get that we are property of our government but rather are members of the social unit that is our government much like I am a member of the social unit that is my Martial Arts School, as the supporting statements suggested. I think the speaker's poor use of English in that particular speech was the problem not his statement.

Now Obama's you didn't build it speech was just demoralizing and a sad day for America.

~Rob

Ain't it amazing how democrats are always "taken out of context"?

Master Dan

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
The start of the convention was fantastic many of the speakers had many in tears and the current Governor of Mass had was one of the best speakers reall put Romney facts on the board as myth or just plain outright lies Macheal was really good she should run next but the Govenor of Mass Devlan would be fantastic next go around. I suggest people watch Cspan instead of the news networks you can hardly get what the speakers are saying if the talking heads won't shut up at times. Given the courts recent rullngs on shutting down some states voter restriction laws in Florida, Ohio and others it may be we will at least have a fair count of the votes. I can just hear all the republican flack for oh look how those democratic delegates look and dress there all hippies and drug addicts and LGBT and this and that while people are telling about how Obama Care has improved thier lives already one couple whos child is alive right now and will likely die if Romney/Ryan succeed in repeeling Obama care. Heads of Verteran affairs testifying that life for Vet have improved with Obama having increased the 9/11 education bill and due to Dr. Biden and Macheal unemployment of returning vets has been lowered from over 12% to 6% employing 125,000 returning vets 25% over there goal a year early.

Every speaker that had good economic information includig Ohio thanks to saving the car industry reported that we have added jobs for the last 29 months and many other positive economic stats that are undereported or out right lied about and the biggest job of the GOP has been to see that Obama would be a one term president. If you think a few women on the GOP side speak for the majority of women in American after hearing tonights Democratic convention then I want what your smoking. If I had a vagina Id tell you to keep your nose out of it what is screeming about smaller government to do with now creating laws and restrictions on personal health care privacy??

We can only hope enough of our undecided electorate will watch and listen to the convention I can't think of any Democrat that would change thier vote now

harlan

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
As a resident of Massachusetts I was impressed by Deval's speech. I think it was the best, and most impassioned one, that he has ever given. And that line about 'we in Massachusetts know Mitt' - right on.

Master Dan

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
As a resident of Massachusetts I was impressed by Deval's speech. I think it was the best, and most impassioned one, that he has ever given. And that line about 'we in Massachusetts know Mitt' - right on.

He was fantastic whats more is what he has accomplished in Massachusetts lifting up the middle and lower income people at the same time helping business and creating jobs a message many speakers had that it makes sense to invest in people and it pays off later. Deval needs to travle with Obama. I thought Rob Emanuel was weak not a good speaker even though he had good things to say? Boy what did you think of the laddy that was president of NARLAN a one million members of women group?

harlan

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
I think she performed her role at the convention admirablly. Frankly, the best moment for me was the intro video and the David Letterman skit with 'Barack-olli'. I bust out laughing! Actually, I admit, I only watched the thing for her. I studiously avoid watching these things as propoganda, and admit I tuned in specifically to watch her. Love Michelle. :)

As for Deval, well, I don't have a lot of good to say about him. I think he's another carpet bagger that has been toadying up the current administration for a job since the beginning. Likes to tote his coke-cola/business background and frankly I think he is cut from the same cloth as the Republicans on that issue of qualifications for office.

Master Dan

Master Black Belt
Reaction score

Also the laddy that was resonsible for the Leadbeter bill requiring equal pay for equal work was good she got nothing personally but her bill will protect her daughter and grand daughter plus give current women the ability to file was powerfull and a big in your face to the GOP that just complained that it would cause the poor corporations to pay up and play fair. Women's rights came out on top clearly in this convention regardless of anythng Billy or Big Don can say.

WC_lun

Senior Master
Reaction score
Ain't it amazing how democrats are always "taken out of context"?

Not amazing, but sad that one political party has so little faith in its own platform that it politicians resort to falsehoods to campaign for election.

Master Dan

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Not amazing, but sad that one political party has so little faith in its own platform that it politicians resort to falsehoods to campaign for election.
whats sad is how that tactic is being used on local state and natioal election campaigns and worse the tactic of no matter how false just say it bigger and repeated enough times and in our short attention span media life now especially those who cannot communicate in more that 80 text characters it becomes truth or reality? so all people like Billy have to do is keep posting based on volume with a few back up singers and in cyber space it becomes true?

OP
B

billc

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Is that lie about women being paid less being trotted out at the democrat convention. That has been proven wrong over and over again, but if that is all the democrats have, I guess they have to use it.

OP
B

billc

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Well, they aren't the ones pushing for government controlling every aspect of your life, from lightbulbs to healthcare.

It seems to me that right out of the box the democrats are the ones who stated "Government is the only thing we all belong to." Seems pretty borg like to me.

The democrats could do a lot to help women earn the same amount as men...by paying the women who work for democrats the same as men...

http://dailycaller.com/2012/09/05/d...ssue-while-obama-white-house-pays-women-less/

Government records show that despite the Democratic National Convention’s early focus on salary equality for women, President Barack Obama has consistently paid his own female staffers less than men who perform similar or identical duties.

The convention is Obama’s show, but Tuesday night in Charlotte belonged to Lilly Ledbetter. The failed lawsuit plaintiff whose name was ultimately attached to a wage parity law Obama signed in 2009 — the first bill to win his signature — addressed the convention, and at least five other speakers raised her signature issue. One was the president himself.
A video of Obama played in the convention hall at around 9:35 p.m. Tuesday, in which he observed that women in the U.S. workforce are “still earning just 77 cents for every dollar a man does.”
“Overall,” he said, “a woman with a college degree doing the same work as a man will earn hundreds of thousands of dollars less over the course of her career.”
Such a gender pay gap, he claimed, “weakens families; it weakens communities; it’s tough on our kids; it weakens our entire economy.”
But data from the Obama White House’s 2011 annual report show that female staffers there earn a median salary 18 percent lower than that of men.
And nearly four years ago, at the height of the 2008 election season, Scripps Howard syndicated columnist Deroy Murdock wrote that female staffers in Obama’s U.S. Senate office, too, were shortchanged.

crushing

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Not amazing, but sad that the major political parties have so little faith in their platforms that their politicians resort to falsehoods to campaign for election.

I've always wanted to do a "fixed that for you" type post. :)

Empty Hands

Senior Master
Reaction score
"We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America."

Remember that one? The Government IS the People. The People ARE the Government - all of them. No surprise to find such anti-Americanism here.

Master Dan

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
"We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America."

Remember that one? The Government IS the People. The People ARE the Government - all of them. No surprise to find such anti-Americanism here.

I think the speakers and especially Macheal at the DNC convention last night spoke to that by stating Obama is for all people and our goals are to be fair with equalaty in oportunity for all.

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Reaction score

Yeah, kinda like a club you belong to.

Nothing like deliberately misunderstanding your native language.

Hey, billi: you belong to Martial Talk! :lfao:

crushing

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Yes, "We the People" established the Constitution for the United States of America. The first few articles of which establish the rules and the separate powers of the three branches of the federal government.

To which of the three branches of the government do you belong? Do I belong to the same branch, or are we divided into different branches for checks and balances reasons? Belonging to separate branches at the same time would certainly be a conflict of interest, so how do I find out which branch I'm in? Am I anti-American for asking? How about for thinking that "We the People" establishing a Constitution is quite different than "We the People" belong to the government and that it is quite a leap of logic to get from one to the other?

Latest Discussions