Voting and Average State IQ

Xequat

Black Belt
Reaction score
That's pretty funny. It looks like there was a retraction, though. Also, the IQ data was based upon SAT and ACT scores, and the oldest, best schools happen to be in New England. Also, not everyone takes those tests, so it doesn't look like there was a good random sampling. So, I'd say that this study isn't very scientific, but it does make ya think. Good post.

michaeledward

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Xequat said:
and the oldest, best schools happen to be in New England.
Now, that's an odd phrase ....

I thought mandatory education has been the law of the land for about a century or so. In that time, the other states could learn to replicate the ideas and tactics used in New England? And, school age children don't vote, but voting age persons have the ability to move througout the country. Does that mean anything?

Hmmm ... it is an odd phrase ....

New England born, raised, and educated. Mike

Xequat

Black Belt
Reaction score
I guess I was just thinking about Ivy League. The blue states are highly populated and the highly populated areas like Chicago, New England, and CA typically have the best schools. After I think about it some more, though, I guess that someone from a red state could just as easily get into an Ivy League school and I guess that their ACT/SAT score would go toward their stats, not the one they're moving to for school. The main point that I was trying to make was that it isn't a random sampling. And college students who attend Southern Wherever Tech School for the Poor are not going to be in Connecticut.

Rynocerous

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Even though I'm a Bush supporter, I can take this with a grain of salt and chuckle. That is an amusing chart, although I couldn't see it being acurate, maybe it is though. I wonder how they gathered that information on the IQ thing in each individual state. Is it from high school students, or perminent residents or what.

Actually to be completely honest I'm suprised that they averages were so high...I swear that the majority of people are mentally challenged! lol.

Cheers,

Ryan

michaeledward

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Rynocerous said:
...I swear that the majority of people are mentally challenged!
And who won the majority of the votes this time around :uhyeah: ? ?

Latest Discussions