Viatnamese Martial Arts-Vovinam Viet Vo Dao cilps

yipman_sifu

Blue Belt
Reaction score
sansoo said:
Hi ,
I found these Vovinam clips very interesting .They are showing a lot of 'Flying scissor' take downs ,flying knees etc.Has anyone here got experience in this art? Can you guys share your opinion about these cilps and the art.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?d...34251&q=vovinam
http://video.google.com/videoplay?d...00606&q=vovinam

Thanks

Well its my first time to see such head trapping by legs. I think it is great and astonishing, I mean that any fighter can expect a punch, kick,elbow hit, knees, or a grapple. The last thing a fighter may expect is such a head trap that would finish him down. VERY IMPRESSIVE.

Ric Flair

Green Belt
Reaction score
Yes ^ very flashy and entertaining.

Has anyone ever tried this out on the streets????....

I gather that some of these concepts are meant for ambush attacks in a tropical rainforest during war???

Vovinam_Vietvodao

White Belt
Reaction score
I did try thos cissor kick before,the most imfortant is landing.There is about 23 (not sure) Legs technique,those legs technique on google are mostly number 10,9,8,7,11,12,13 and 15,16.

MuayThai245

White Belt
Reaction score
omg vovinam is so awsome, i never knew vietnam had a martial arts of its own.

Funchiestz

White Belt
Reaction score
wew so awesome.. but i just thought is it on the training period somebody get broken leg when they not ready to landing?? it's quite deadly technique

VN_Quetoi

White Belt
Reaction score
not really...when we train they always begin with lower body...leg technique 1-6 up to belly, 7 to 23 all the way up. just base on how well they junp. If they can't jump any higher...then they will stop train.

Latest Discussions