Underworld

KenpoTess

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Well I for one thought it should of had alot more hand to hand .. Gunfire was waaaay over done... but for having a cast of *uhhh who's that* I think they pulled it off pretty well. I enjoyed the special effects yet the storyline for me was *uhh what's going on* kinda thing.. reminiscent of Blade in a few ways, though since when do Vampyres have reflections :)

They left it waiting for the sequel.

Chronuss

Senior Master
Reaction score
...here's a review-type thing I wrote for IMDB.com...

So...the plot...vampyres versus lycans...an eternal struggle..or they lead you to believe anyway. First off...discrepancy...it was to my general knowledge of folk lore that vampyres don't have REFELECTIONS...however, there were a myriad of mirrors in throughout the movie which enable everyone to see Ms. Beckinsale's body clothed in a leather body suit. Anyways...back to the plot. For some strange, metaphysical reason, the lycans are searching for a bloodline that can support both genetic diseases of lycanthropy and vampyrism supported by an ancient clan named Corvinus. It just happens that the vampyre elders are a part of this blood line as well as the oldest lycan, Lucian, which makes the vampyres and lycans somewhat related, in a weird sense of the word. Pretty much the entire movie is centered around a human named Michael Corvin (as if the last name isn't a tip off) and how the vampyres are trying to oust him, and the lycans are attempting to transmute his blood to carry both diseases. The effects are pretty, the settings are somber, and I expected more hand to hand combat instead of the constant muzzle flashes from fully auto weapons. All in all, not a bad movie, but not great either. ;)

Chronuss

Senior Master
Reaction score
Originally posted by Seig
For a movie about werewolves and vampyres, there was a surprisingly small amount of blood.

there wasn't when the guy's head was lopped off....damn, that was hilarious. ;)

Chronuss

Senior Master
Reaction score
Originally posted by Seig
We know you thought so, Mr. Let me make a very loud obnoxious outburst in the middle of the movie.

and of course...the whole other side of the theatre wasn't laughing either...maybe that was another figment of my imagination...;)

Chronuss

Senior Master
Reaction score
Originally posted by KenpoTess
yeah and ya kept hogging the arm rest..
and that nasty girl in front kept going forward and reclining her chair .. right on my toes~!!!

hey...my arm was there first...:EG: ...and you had pointy shoes on last night...you coulda done a round kick and made her think twice about reclining.

and on a lighter note...we all did look the part for going to see that movie...well...except Jani..she was left outta the information circle...:shrug:

Chronuss

Senior Master
Reaction score
Originally posted by jfarnsworth
Gosh, I hope she isn't reading this.:eek:

nah...they still don't have power...that's what happens when you live in the boonies on the mountain...

jfarnsworth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by Chronuss
nah...they still don't have power...that's what happens when you live in the boonies on the mountain...

OK, I was just curious if it was an accident or an on purpose she didn't get invited to go along.:p

OP
KenpoTess

KenpoTess

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by jfarnsworth
OK, I was just curious if it was an accident or an on purpose she didn't get invited to go along.:p

oh she got invited and came along :) It's just we all wore black.. except Jani.. even her brother, Alex went.. dressed the part.. oops :)

OP
KenpoTess

KenpoTess

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by Chronuss
hey...my arm was there first...:EG: ...and you had pointy shoes on last night...you coulda done a round kick and made her think twice about reclining.

and on a lighter note...we all did look the part for going to see that movie...well...except Jani..she was left outta the information circle...:shrug:

As I have said... I know your sharing ettiquette.................

and I did kick you under the table with my mean nasty shoes... :D *Gloats*

Chronuss

Senior Master
Reaction score
Originally posted by KenpoTess
As I have said... I know your sharing ettiquette.................

and I did kick you under the table with my mean nasty shoes... :D *Gloats*

..well..well...I squirted you with water..so... :p

G

Galvatron

I was let down in general by the movie...
I thought the effects were good, but that the movie was poorly written.
In other news: White Wolf game studios has a lawsuit against the creators of the movie, claiming that they ripped it off from their Vampire: The Masquerade role playing game.

OP
KenpoTess

KenpoTess

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by Galvatron
I was let down in general by the movie...
I thought the effects were good, but that the movie was poorly written.
In other news: White Wolf game studios has a lawsuit against the creators of the movie, claiming that they ripped it off from their Vampire: The Masquerade role playing game.

yeah I heard that too.. ~!! Go figure~!

There were way too many holes in it and the storyline didn't let you know what was going on til almost the end.. not a good plan for a first movie~!

T

Thanatos

Hey chad, I found out that in Vampire the Masquerade vampires do have reflections. And since the story was based off a VtM novel, it stayed true to form.

Latest Discussions