Uh Oh

bignick

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
From here:

An error with an electronic voting system gave President Bush 3,893 extra votes in suburban Columbus, elections officials said.

Franklin County's unofficial results had Bush receiving 4,258 votes to Democrat John Kerry's 260 votes in a precinct in Gahanna. Records show only 638 voters cast ballots in that precinct.

Bush actually received 365 votes in the precinct, Matthew Damschroder, director of the Franklin County Board of Elections, told The Columbus Dispatch.

State and county election officials did not immediately respond to requests by The Associated Press for more details about the voting system and its vendor, and whether the error, if repeated elsewhere in Ohio, could have affected the outcome.
The article has more about problems with voting....should be interesting to see how this plays out...

jfarnsworth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Will they even do anything about it? :idunno:

I've been through Gahanna before and it's not that big someone should have seen this from the get go. :rolleyes:

OP
bignick

bignick

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
obviously it wasn't enough to overturn Bush's victory in Ohio....however...If the as yet uncounted provisional ballots are strongly in support of Bush and more of these types of errors are found...it will be interesting to see...

Just some wild speculation....

gmunoz

Purple Belt
Reaction score
How many other areas have had this problem and not yet be aware of it? Interesting.

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
jfarnsworth said:
Will they even do anything about it? :idunno:
*snort* ... no ... *snort*

G

Gary Crawford

I heard today that all provisional and absentee votes have been counted and the final popular vote is B 52%-K47%

OP
bignick

bignick

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
i thought the law in Ohio was that counting of provisional and absentee ballots doesn't begin until 10 days after the election...if thats true...they won't be counted for another week...

can anybody confirm/refute this?

Rynocerous

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Curious. Although I must begin to wonder if this happened in other areas!?! Like posted earlier, it wouldn't had made a difference, but it would almost make me wonder if my vote was even counted properly. I personally support Bush, but if he was given extra votes, that just isn't right!

Cheers,

Ryan

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
An error with an electronic voting system gave President Bush 3,893 extra votes in suburban Columbus, elections officials said.
Franklin County's unofficial results had Bush receiving 4,258 votes to Democrat John Kerry's 260 votes in a precinct in Gahanna. Records show only 638 voters cast ballots in that precinct.
Bush actually received 365 votes in the precinct, Matthew Damschroder, director of the Franklin County Board of Elections, told The Columbus Dispatch.
State and county election officials did not immediately respond to requests by The Associated Press for more details about the voting system and its vendor, and whether the error, if repeated elsewhere in Ohio, could have affected the outcome.
MACaver ~ Lifts head up looks at the situation ... ponders for half a second... sighs deeply in disgust and gets back to caving...

shesulsa

MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
SheSulsa ~ begins to research Girl Guides in B.C.

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Makes ya wonder how many places had errors in favor of Kerry as well...

Not that anyone would have anything to say about that. Other than "Damn too bad there weren't more"

:D

shesulsa

MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Technopunk said:

Not that anyone would have anything to say about that. Other than "Damn too bad there weren't more"

:D
Now you're talking!

P

PeachMonkey

Technopunk said:
The difference being, of course, that the president of a major voting machine vendor didn't promise to deliver Ohio to *Kerry*.

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
PeachMonkey said:
The difference being, of course, that the president of a major voting machine vendor didn't promise to deliver Ohio to *Kerry*.
You are probably right... its probably all a big conspiracy to turn Bush into Emperor Palpatine and have his legions of White Armored Stormtroopers kidnap beautiful princesses and build planet destroying superlasers.

That, or a majority of Voters, despite the opinion of the oppsition really did want Bush in office...

Nah. Its probably a conspiracy. Everything else is. :rolleyes:

jfarnsworth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Technopunk said:

Not that anyone would have anything to say about that. Other than "Damn too bad there weren't more"/QUOTE]

Yeah, How many more?

L

lvwhitebir

PeachMonkey said:

Except that nearly all of Ohio used punch cards for this election so he couldn't have.

Lets see... there's a possibility of major voter fraud and it hasn't even reached mainstream media, even media that supported Kerry. The only place I've ever seen this is in the "paranoia" sites. There's no way I can believe this any more than little green aliens used a ray gun to make 51% of the voters vote their way. At least not until some real evidence comes out.

WhiteBirch

OP
bignick

bignick

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
first off...these are not paranoia sites...CNN reported on the problem in Ohio where 638 people voted in a district...and somehow Bush recieved over 4,000 votes...

these are facts and these are evidence...

and a representative of the voting company did promise to "deliver the votes" to Bush...only I believe he was referring to Florida, not Ohio

L

lvwhitebir

bignick said:
first off...these are not paranoia sites...CNN reported on the problem in Ohio where 638 people voted in a district...and somehow Bush recieved over 4,000 votes...

I believe it's paranoia to equate that to large scale voter fraud. There probably have been discrepancies like this kind of thing in every election.

Information, facts, evidence of something, yes. Of widespread fraud, no.

bignick said:
and a representative of the voting company did promise to "deliver the votes" to Bush...only I believe he was referring to Florida, not Ohio

I worked for Diebold for over 2 years. Even if the president himself declared that he would "deliver the votes" he couldn't do it. The company is way too large and is as diverse as the genreral public. They had enough problems with the leak regarding their OS security, I highly doubt they could ever get away with fraud. I would think that would be far more likely to occur at specific voting precincts.

Besides why should they care who wins? Most of the ATMs in the US are Diebold machines. They have your money...

WhiteBirch

Latest Discussions