Turkey Burger

SFC JeffJ

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Thanks to Rachael Ray.

This is the best turkey burger recipe I've ever tried. And I've tried a lot of them.

1 package ground turkey breast (about 1 and 1/4 to 1 and 1/3 pounds)
2 heaping tablespoons of prepared horseradish
1/3 pound white cheddar cheese, diced or crumbled int 1/4 inch pieces
2 scallions, finely chopped
1 palmful grill seasoning, such as McCormick's Montreal Steak Seasoning
Extra Virgin olive oil for drizzling
4 good buns
1 tub or can of good-quality whole-berry cranberry sauce
Romaine lettuce leaves
spice mustard

Heat a nonstick skillet over medium high heat
In a bowl, mix together the meat, horseradish, cheddar cheese, scallions, and grill seasoning. Form 4 patties (about 7 oz. each) and drill them with the olive oil. Cook the burgers for 5-6 minutes on each side. Spread the mustard on the bottom buns and cranberry sauce on the top buns. Place the burgers on the bottom buns, top with the romaine leaves.

Enjoy!

Jeff

Martial Tucker

Black Belt
Reaction score
That recipe is one of many great ones in her "Express Lane Meals" cookbook.

I agree...best turkey burger recipe I've found, although when I make this one I grill it in a rack that is usually used to hold fish filets

Sigung86

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Hi. My name is Dan, and I am a turkeyburger-holic.

I thought for years I was the only one that thinks turkeyburger is the schiznits.

I can't wait to try the recipe.

Thanks.

Dan
A former closet turkeyburger-holic. :rofl:

Kreth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'll have to try this, probably without the cranberry though...

OP
SFC JeffJ

SFC JeffJ

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Kreth said:
I'll have to try this, probably without the cranberry though...
I thought the same thing, but decided to give it a go with the cranberry sauce anyways. It was a very pleasant surprise how good it went with it.

Jeff

ArmorOfGod

Senior Master
Reaction score
You know, lots of people like to slam Rachel Ray for being "irritating," but I love her show, and she is a bit of a hottie. Her show killed my fear of cooking due to the substitutions she mentions while cooking. For almost every ingredient, she lists two or three other things you could use in place of it. I learned from her that you can just put almost whatever you want in a recipe and it won't destroy it or make it inedible (within reason of course).

The one thing that I will say about her is I think she may be close to an alchoholic. Pay attention and you will notice that she mentions beer or partying at least twice every episode and I saw two episodes where she got drunk and they had to show silent montages at the end to hide her staggering and glassy eyes.

Of course, I could be totally wrong. She is a very very cute girl and seems really nice.

BTW, guys, did you see the secy pics of her in FHM magazine a while back? Yum.....

ArmorOfGod

Senior Master
Reaction score
Oh, I forgot my comment about turkey burgers.

My local Dollar Tree sells frozen packs of turkey for $1.00 (per pound). It is great in spaghetti (I make the best spaghetti you will find), but is not good for burger patties. I does not stick together well for that.

AoG