Training With Mr. Parker

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you could have had the chance to take a lesson with Mr. Parker when he was still with us, what would you want to cover in that lesson? What questions would you ask him?

For those that have had the chance to train with him, either on a regular basis or otherwise, what were some of your best memories?

green meanie

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
MJS said:
If you could have had the chance to take a lesson with Mr. Parker when he was still with us, what would you want to cover in that lesson? What questions would you ask him?

I'd ask him what his thoughts were about the MMA competitions like the UFC etc. and I'd ask to work with me on wrestling takedown defenses and counters. :)

BallistikMike

Green Belt
Reaction score
Only one lesson?

I would like it to have been a history lesson. Sit down over lunch and just run over his history in the Martial Arts.

G

Gary Crawford

History, I'll have to agree with that. There are plenty of people who are still living that can teach EP's techniques,but to be able to have a lesson of MA history from EP's persective would be insightful.

evenflow1121

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
I'd probably like to talk to him about techniques believe it or not. I mean to get his personal perspective on some of the motions on certain techniques would be invaluable.

OP
M

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
For me, I'd like to try and get as much as I could. I'd spend some time on techniques, some time on history, as well as where he saw his art heading in the future.

Mike

Rick Wade

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I would personally let the lesson got where it might go with his ideas.

In other words let him ask me a few questions about my training and then let the lesson go from there. He might ask to see a form or a technique and then I would sit back and ride the wave of information. This is the way I approach all lessons with Seniors.