Training Karambit

NARC

Orange Belt
Reaction score
%-} Just got my two new training karambits made by Tuhon Ray Dionaldo, one word for ya...SWEET! %-}
Great piece of workmanship!

dearnis.com

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
If all goes well I should be down the weekend after 4th of July; we'll play a bit!

OP
NARC

NARC

Orange Belt
Reaction score
There is a good photo at the his website fcskali.com
then go to the Pro Shop section to check it out. %-}
I tired to attach it but it did not work :idunno:

Ceicei

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
NARC said:
There is a good photo at the his website fcskali.com
then go to the Pro Shop section to check it out. %-}
I tired to attach it but it did not work :idunno:
I went to that website you suggested and viewed the picture. Was this the one you got? If so, *whew*! It reminds me of claws of an animal...

- Ceicei

Attachments

• $raykerambit.jpg
    $raykerambit.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 167
OP
NARC

NARC

Orange Belt
Reaction score
That's the one! %-}

OULobo

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Ceicei said:
I went to that website you suggested and viewed the picture. Was this the one you got? If so, *whew*! It reminds me of claws of an animal...

- Ceicei

Some say it is modeled after a tiger's claw.

arnisandyz

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
OULobo said:
Some say it is modeled after a tiger's claw.

Yeah, depending on who you talk to some people say the tiger claw (Indonesian), others say the fighting cock spur (Filipino)

OULobo

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
arnisandyz said:
Yeah, depending on who you talk to some people say the tiger claw (Indonesian), others say the fighting cock spur (Filipino)

You know I've seen a version from the pilipines that actually looks like a cock's spur. HardHeadJarHead posted a pic of one and I saw one at a camp last year.

Here:

http://www.martialtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22651

BruceCalkins

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Sweet is just the right word. I wish they were not against the law in my state. Unfortunatly New York State has trouble with any Blade with a hold in it. (AKA Brass Knuckle Style) Any of the really good MA weapons are slowly getting outlawed... But you can still walk down main st with a sword strapped to your back... figure that out... A sword on your back falls under the same rule as a knife. As long as it is not Double edges and not hidden from view.. You can carry it. You just cant Brandish it in Public.... Silly. Most good small defense weapons are not allowed. Karambit, Tonfa, Colapable Escrima, The Basic Yawari Sticks, ... All outlawed. But a Bad Guy can get a permit and blow your head off with his little gun... Nuts :)

BruceCalkins

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I may be wrong but isn't the term of the Claw based on the use... As in If the claw is used facing down it is considered a Dragons Claw and If Facing Up it was called the Cocks Spur... I might be wrong I just seem to remember that from a friend in the arts that uses one.

Latest Discussions