Training DVDs?

Miraz

White Belt
Reaction score
Hi There

This is my first post so hello to everyone. I've been a student of Muay Thai for six months so am novice but (hopefully) improving. I'd like to know what people would recommend in terms of training DVDs that are out there at the moment. I've watched a lot of Rob Kamen's stuf on U Tube which is pretty good but a bit old. Many thanks for all suggestions,

Miraz

punisher73

Senior Master
Reaction score
I have heard that Razor Rob McCullough's are very good, and I have also heard that Duke Rufous (sp?) are also very good.

I believe both are set up for the more novice person and not if you have been training for a long time.

denmyos

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I have heard that Razor Rob McCullough's are very good, and I have also heard that Duke Rufous (sp?) are also very good.

I believe both are set up for the more novice person and not if you have been training for a long time.

Rob's are pretty good,,,but damn he talks alot :)
45 min, on basic's stands.
If you can go past all the talking, you can pick up some pretty good pointers.

Duke, are pretty good aswell, he has a alot of experience, and seems like a good kroo, though, i have only seen duke's vidoes on youtube.

OP
M

Miraz

White Belt
Reaction score
Thanks for your help, guys - will check the ones you suggest :)

destructautomaton

Green Belt
Reaction score
I'd pass on the razor rob dvds, i thought there wasnt much there.

Better were the duke roufus series, it mixes sort of kickboxing snd muay thai.

I am a fan of rob kaman even though they need editing and are repetetive but they are solid technique wise.

There is a two dvd set on buakaw and training at por pramuk muay thai school in thailand and it really gives you an insight into daily training and drills, etc. Not so much an instructional but an insider insight into things.

Malapet did a nice single dvd on the clinch.

Saekson Janjira has a simple series as well as vut, vuts are good for beginners and having solid basics.

DeadlyShins

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I agree with the pass on Razor Rob...he isn't all that good at explaining things and seems to get flustered alot. Also, his technique isn't all that impressive. I like Kaman.