Tournament

Cronarct

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
here is the video of my fight in yesterdays tournament. check it out and comment please.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
C

Cronarct

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
im the orange belt in the black gi on the left.

just2kicku

Black Belt
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good job. I would say don't turn your back to your opponent and practice raising your knee up to deliver your kicks .with your back straight. And don't drop your hands when you kick. Other than that, not bad! It will come, just keep practicing

OP
C

Cronarct

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
lol thanks thats what one of my senseis keeps telling me! iv been trying to break the habits but it seems to come to me with difficulty lol, but i will continue it. although his punch to my face was un called for and illegal, im having serious pain from it because it screwed up one of my bottom teeth and now its becoming abscessed, but the dentist cant pull it until Friday so i have a lot of long days of pain ahead of me until i can get that taken care of!

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
What kind of tournament is this? Is this TKD? Karate? What are the rules? I'm having trouble figuring out what I'm looking at.

just2kicku

Black Belt
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
What kind of tournament is this? Is this TKD? Karate? What are the rules? I'm having trouble figuring out what I'm looking at.

Hey Steve, looks like like an open tourney format. Points for kicks above the waist and kicks to the groin. Punches are scored to the head amd chest. Turning your back to opponent you just have to tap him in the back showing that you could gave attacked his spine

OP
C

Cronarct

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
you are CLOSE, it is open format, but groin kicks only count for ppl who are ranked brownbelt or higher, you can not score on someones back (not at this one atleast) so no blows back there count. no face shots are legal, only to the side of the head, and from waist to neck are legal scoring zones.

OP
C

Cronarct

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
i did get 3rd place in the kata devision as well, forgot to put that on here

Latest Discussions