Tom Conners, Jay Huff Sr. and Huff Jr.

jeffrey3d

White Belt
Reaction score
In 1967, I studied with Jay Huff Sr., and he invited me to teach basics to his newer students. He was a magnificent teacher, and perhaps a bit mysterious. At any rate, I am trying to locate the title of an amazing book on Kempo (the other spelling) that I had purchased in the early 60s. It was bound in hemp cloth and illustrated and had photos of katas, and details of hand/foot positions. If anyone recalls the name of that book I would love to find an existing volume.

OP
don bohrer

don bohrer

Brown Belt
Reaction score
I've been away from this site for some time and realized I've missed post. I really do appreciate the answers each of you have shared. I know this is long overdue but thank you, thank you, thank you. History lessons are important for many reasons.

Jeffrey, If you're reading this please share the title of the book should you find.

don bohrer

mauibuilt12

White Belt
Reaction score
I am looking for information concerning Tom Conners. If anyone here knew or has worked with him please shed some light on this man. I found discouraging remarks about Tom Conner on Tracy's site, and would like to hear from others. I can't imagine the Tracy's were the only people other than Bill Packer (head of my org) to have known Mr. Conners.

Also who was Jay Huff Sr and Jr?

Thank You.
I boxed for traco boxing club in the late 70s - 82. Tracy Boxing club was well respected.

zygon430

White Belt
Reaction score
I am looking for information concerning Tom Conners. If anyone here knew or has worked with him please shed some light on this man. I found discouraging remarks about Tom Conner on Tracy's site, and would like to hear from others. I can't imagine the Tracy's were the only people other than Bill Packer (head of my org) to have known Mr. Conners.

Also who was Jay Huff Sr and Jr?

Thank You.
Hello, I have good information about Jay W. Huff and Jay F. Huff. Please contact me directly @ [email protected] or on this form. Thank you for your interest in these experts of Kempo.

DWH_AZ

White Belt
Reaction score
Does anyone know about Sifu Frank Bruno and his school, Tucson Kenpo Kung Fu Association? I studied there under Mr. Bruno for four years a number of years ago. Just wondering where he and his school fit into the Kenpo history in Tucson. Thank you.

I studied under Sifu Frank Bruno from 1989 to 1994 when he stopped teaching. He was a student of Sifu Tom Connor. He has a school on Copper Street right by 1st & Grant.

OP
don bohrer

don bohrer

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Guys,
Kenpo has a broad history with some real depth to it. Thanks for taking the time to share. Much of this stuff would be lost forever if not shared.

Take care gentlemen and please continue to share as time permits.

Kenpo5

White Belt
Reaction score
Does anyone know about Sifu Frank Bruno and his school, Tucson Kenpo Kung Fu Association? I studied there under Mr. Bruno for four years a number of years ago. Just wondering where he and his school fit into the Kenpo history in Tucson. Thank you.
I know this is decades old but I was a student and teacher for Sifu Bruno, In fact I was with him when he taught from his home.

Kenpo5

White Belt
Reaction score
I studied under Sifu Frank Bruno from 1989 to 1994 when he stopped teaching. He was a student of Sifu Tom Connor. He has a school on Copper Street right by 1st & Grant.
I studied and taught for Sifu Bruno for many years, In fact I started with him when he taught from his home before copper opened. His dad had the furniture shop next door.

Craneform

White Belt
Reaction score
I know this is decades old but I was a student and teacher for Sifu Bruno, In fact I was with him when he taught from his home.
Do you have any history on his martial arts lineage? I was a student under him at TKKA, great training! But he did t really talk much about who he learned from. Was reviewing for my 3rd brown when he left teaching. Thanks

Kenpo5

White Belt
Reaction score
Do you have any history on his martial arts lineage? I was a student under him at TKKA, great training! But he did t really talk much about who he learned from. Was reviewing for my 3rd brown when he left teaching. Thanks
Yes I do

Latest Discussions