TKD Tornado Kick (video)

Gemini

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
MA-Caver said:
Come to think of it aren't head-shots illegal in tourney's?

Absolutely not. They're preferred and score higher.

AceHBK

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
MA-Caver said:

Kicks to the head are not illegal.
Punches to the head are.

Brother John

Senior Master
Reaction score
AceHBK said:
Kicks to the head are not illegal.
Punches to the head are.

Yeah..... there's logic for ya!
That's one of the things I HATED about TKD tournaments when I was in TKD!!!! It makes no sense.... you can use the longer/stronger limb to wallup someone in the bean and get Extra points....but when you go to jab or backfist them...you're not only NOT going to get a point, but warned and then points deducted or kicked out for it.
I think that this makes it extremely difficult for TKD to live down it's "Kicks-R-US" reputation, as well as it's reputation for being impractical for real self defense....
which is too bad, because REAL TKD IS NOT just about kicks and is NOT just about ring-tactics.

Your Brother (X-TKDist)
John

DeLamar.J

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
MA-Caver said:
I've always said: Given the time and the space a TKD-er can deliver a devestating blow to their opponent. Check this tournament video out.

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/76104/tornado_kick/

Thats a great kick, I posted this is the TKD section a while ago. The funny thing about this video is that all the man had to do is keep his hands up. The painful lessons are always the best lol.
If he would have just rushed forward with his hands up the other guy would have ended up laying on the mat. I guess that would be a way to sneak in a throw in a TKD match. Sorry ref, I was going in and he was in the air, sorry about that.

still learning

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hello, Wow! Thanks for sharing that video clip! Had to replay it a few times...awesome kick. I like how he set it up. .........Aloha

Gentle Fist

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Not bad, but wherer is the defense?? I have never been in TKD, but it looks like it is ALL legs in that clip? No hands at all? YIKES

Latest Discussions