Three Seeds of Wing Chun

geezer

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Hey Stanley! Great to have you on the forum.

Yeah, my WT sifu from 1980 through the early 90s was Leung Ting and my Escrima instructor was Rene Latosa. I was an instructor for both in the Phoenix area. I then dropped out of the martial arts for a long time to pursue my career and raise a family. I returned to training Wing Tsun/Wing Chun and Escrima around 2007 with my kung fu brothers, one of whom also trained with the EWTO and received his 5th level "practician/masters" rank jointly presented to him in Hong Kong by both GGM Leung Ting and GM Keith Kernspecht. However, like so many others, he eventually became "a rebel".

I, on the other hand, am no one special. I learned that very quickly the first time I met Emin back in the late 80s. But I do have an acquaintance with the WT system, both as it was taught here in the States, and also as presented in the EWTO. The EWTO curriculum that I have seen was very thorough and the standard of their instructors was quite high IMO. And as for Emin.... the guy is phenomenal.

stanly stud

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Hey Stanley! Great to have you on the forum.

Yeah, my WT sifu from 1980 through the early 90s was Leung Ting and my Escrima instructor was Rene Latosa. I was an instructor for both in the Phoenix area. I then dropped out of the martial arts for a long time to pursue my career and raise a family. I returned to training Wing Tsun/Wing Chun and Escrima around 2007 with my kung fu brothers, one of whom also trained with the EWTO and received his 5th level "practician/masters" rank jointly presented to him in Hong Kong by both GGM Leung Ting and GM Keith Kernspecht. However, like so many others, he eventually became "a rebel".

I, on the other hand, am no one special. I learned that very quickly the first time I met Emin back in the late 80s. But I do have an acquaintance with the WT system, both as it was taught here in the States, and also as presented in the EWTO. The EWTO curriculum that I have seen was very thorough and the standard of their instructors was quite high IMO. And as for Emin.... the guy is phenomenal.
yes a lot of Kernsprechts students went & formed their own organisations here in Germany. This guy has schools in my area. Thanks for the welcome.

geezer

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Ja, I'm glad to see that the EWTO guys are integrating more bodenkampf into their kampfkunst. Unfortunately, I don't speak a word of German so I don't know what the heck I'm trying to say!!! :D

As for myself, I always thought WT training needed more authentic groundwork in the early days. Now that they are moving in that direction, it's too late for me. I wrestled with some success as a kid, but now at 65 with back issues and a seriously messed up shoulder, a grappler just needs to give me a mean look to make me tap out.

I had plans to start BJJ but first Covid, then injuries pretty much put an end to my dreams of ever grappling again. Maybe a good thing. I might have just hurt myself worse. Who knows?

stanly stud

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Ja, I'm glad to see that the EWTO guys are integrating more bodenkampf into their kampfkunst. Unfortunately, I don't speak a word of German so I don't know what the heck I'm trying to say!!! :D

As for myself, I always thought WT training needed more authentic groundwork in the early days. Now that they are moving in that direction, it's too late for me. I wrestled with some success as a kid, but now at 65 with back issues and a seriously messed up shoulder, a grappler just needs to give me a mean look to make me tap out.

I had plans to start BJJ but first Covid, then injuries pretty much put an end to my dreams of ever grappling again. Maybe a good thing. I might have just hurt myself worse. Who knows?
I am from Scotland but live in Germany. The Students mainly from Keith R Kernsprecht are forming their own styles or interpretations of WT such as Turkish wrestling in their system. Indeed Keith kernsprecht learned from Leung Ting who also changed the system of "Yip Man" wing chun. kernsprecht is also now using a system such as "Blitz Defence" a joke but it´s all about money making.

Kung Fu Wang

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
at 65 with back issues and a seriously messed up shoulder, a grappler just needs to give me a mean look to make me tap out.
The "body squeeze" can be integrated very easily with the WC striking skill. It's also easy on the back and shoulder.

Chang-body-squeeze.gif

body-squeeze.gif

stanly stud

Blue Belt
Reaction score
So quick question..... Are there any chokes in that system?
I have never trained with him so not sure. would need to ask a guy i know who trains in this school of wing Tsun. as far as i know they do

Svarog

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
In the style I am practicing there 'snake" and "crane" techniques when we talk about nature of the movements and force .

Latest Discussions