This thread has no topic ...

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
So please give it one!

In the interest of flowing conversation which can include various sub-topics, here is the spot to start talking and just go with the flow!

howard

Brown Belt
Reaction score
So Shesulsa, just to make sure I understand you correctly... are you saying that people can post anything in this thread? (presumably, it would be best if the posts are related to hapkido)

Regards, Howard

bignick

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Well, I've got a question for some of the hapkidoin on the board. I've had the oppurtunity to work with Master Geoff Booth from Australia a few times and I was just wondering what other's thought of him. The few times I've met him, I've been impressed with his technique and he seemed to have a pretty good sense of humor as well...

American HKD

Brown Belt
Reaction score
I heard throught grape vine he was pretty good.

I believe he started in Sin Moo with Master Ji Han Jae.

I don't know if he sticks to that system or teaches his own version.

Paul B

3rd Black Belt
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I've also heard some good things from people whose opinion I'd trust.

Hmm..no topic,eh? Hmmm...

How do you guys feel about chaining or flow drills? What order do you practice? With reversals or without?

For example..

Armbar to S lock/Z lock to Turning Leaves/Two Finger/Kote Gaeshi...to vertical pin,or whatever pin you can think of.

How do you prefer to turn someone over from a throw to get to your pin? Shoulder joint manipulation or the wrist manipulation or elbow against knee version. I always liked the figure 8 "in flight" transition myself....anyhoo,you get the gist I hope.

OP
shesulsa

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
howard said:
So Shesulsa, just to make sure I understand you correctly... are you saying that people can post anything in this thread? (presumably, it would be best if the posts are related to hapkido)
So long as it complies with all of the rules of this site, that being the PG-13 rating, related to Hapkido, complies with profanity filter, sniping, etcetera.

Refer to the terms and conditions link at the bottom of the page. Policy updates will be posted there - you might want to check it out once in a while.

This is your spot to start a conversation on Hapkido and just "flow" with the topic into sub-topics and back.

Now, that's not to say that if a topic exists already in a thread and it can be capitalized upon with more discussion that you can't go there. Please, revive old threads and add to the conversation there - it's really amazing where conversation can go when you dig up the old stuff and chew on it a little longer.

Tantamount to discussion boards is staying on topic. It's a pretty global rule. So if you find a topic that requires some delving into sub-areas, bring it here.

Any more questions, please let me know. Enjoy!

Farang,

Georgia

Latest Discussions