This isn't about race

Phoenix44

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I sometimes wonder if it shouldn't be mandatory for politicians to have REAL jobs instead of being career politicians. Then may be they'd have a clue about reality.

tellner

Senior Master
Reaction score
For once Don and I are on the same page. Obama has actually had more government experience than Clinton. The Senator from New York was sleeping with the President. If that gives a person job experience, then there's a lot of altar boys who can treat seminary as a formality.

If Obama had lost eleven straight primaries the Clinton camp would have been calling for him to drop out immediately.

OP
Big Don

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I sometimes wonder if it shouldn't be mandatory for politicians to have REAL jobs instead of being career politicians. Then may be they'd have a clue about reality.
Exclude attorney from the list of REAL jobs, and you're on to something.

newGuy12

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Actually, I heard on the radio the other day that Obama has experience that is VERY close to what Abraham Lincoln had. They were both lawyers, and they both had very short political careers before running for President.

I will vote for Obama -- he is not tied up nearly as much with all of those lobbyists like the others are. He has not been in Washington as long as the others, and so they do not have their hooks into him as far. Also -- he wants to have a searchable database of all spending in WA. He cuts against the grain! He was the ONLY candidate that wished to have the debates licensed as Creative Commons!

Now, all that *I* can say about this is: IF Hillary steals the nomination by using the super-delegates and it goes against the polular vote, then you can count ME (as a Democrat) to CROSS PARTY LINES and push hard for McCain. Why? SO THAT WE CAN BEAT HILLARY LIKE A DRUM!

Hahahahahaha!!! W000!!! Let's get it on!!!

newGuy12

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Haha! I LOVE Mr. Obama! He would make me PROUD to have him as a President! He's a freaking ROCK STAR!!! You want to have someone that can deliver a speech for the State of the Nation and make you feel proud??? He is the one to do that!!!

Ray

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Haha! I LOVE Mr. Obama! He would make me PROUD to have him as a President! He's a freaking ROCK STAR!!! You want to have someone that can deliver a speech for the State of the Nation and make you feel proud??? He is the one to do that!!!
You bet, I think the ability to deliver a great speech is important. Especially if he's a liberal, that way the "we surrender to terrorists (and others...)" will be remembered for its vibrant use of the language.

Andrew Green

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Seems to me the best way to defeat terrorists, that is people that use fear & terror as a weapon, is to stop being afraid and stop creating more terrorists by pissing off an entire region of the world.

Besides, how is it surrender? Wasn't the mission accomplished?

Or is this to end up like a second Vietnam lesson? Except then it was reversed and the Republicans got elected to get out of the war. Occupation doesn't work, its not sustainable. The more force you pump in, the more the people resent you and the more they will fight back. Occupation does not lead to peace, it escalates the violence.

newGuy12

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Well, this is how I see it. Now Iraq is not able to defend itself. If we pull out, then a little piece of it goes to Iran, a little piece goes to Turkey, it will be divided up among the neighbors. The region will eventually become more stable that it is right now, eventually.

Now, the main point of this is -- we cannot afford to do what we are doing indefinitely -- we simply don't have the resources -- the money. Now, we as a country can continue borrowing money, for quite a long time, maybe, but eventually, some how, some way, that money has to be paid back.

When that time comes -- look out. Really. We are talking about real debt now.

Its interesting to me that no one seems to agree with this. And, I might be missing something, but it occurs to me that the US is going broke -- as in BROKE. If that happens, you really don't need terrorists, do you?

Now, I understand that John McCain wants to have a "100 years war" if need be -- basically leave bases there, and "hope that everything works out". That may tone down the spending a little, I'll grant you that. But this full - bore push that has been going on -- it simply cannot continue. How will it be paid for?

CoryKS

Senior Master
Reaction score
Now, I understand that John McCain wants to have a "100 years war" if need be -- basically leave bases there, and "hope that everything works out". That may tone down the spending a little, I'll grant you that. But this full - bore push that has been going on -- it simply cannot continue. How will it be paid for?

Actually, you fail to understand what John McCain said. Unless you believe that we've been at war with Germany for the last 68 years.

Empty Hands

Senior Master
Reaction score
Especially if he's a liberal, that way the "we surrender to terrorists (and others...)" will be remembered for its vibrant use of the language.

Doesn't all that straw get a little itchy? How do you find the time to form all those little straw men?

Ray

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Doesn't all that straw get a little itchy? How do you find the time to form all those little straw men?
To the post to which I replied, my post focused in exactly on the subject of that post...it was not a stretch of imagination, nor was it the creation of a straw-man to draw the debate away. In much the same way that this reply to you, although not relative to the subect of "this isn't about race" but is to your post.

I wonder if it's still politically correct to call them "straw men" anyway. Maybe they are "straw people."

punisher73

Senior Master
Reaction score
"People of Straw". "Straw people" is no longer PC.

No, it's actually supposed to be Granual-Americans. It really doesn't matter what type of grain it came from, or where it was grown.

Reactions: Ray

Archangel M

Senior Master
Reaction score
"People of organic material" sounds more PC to me. The whole tit-tat-point-counterpoint-STRAWMAN!! game of internet discussion gets tiring.

Empty Hands

Senior Master
Reaction score
...it was not a stretch of imagination, nor was it the creation of a straw-man to draw the debate away.

So you honestly think that the liberals are going to go about surrendering to a bunch of jumped up terrorist cave dwellers the minute they gain power?

Those of us living in reality might classify that as "a stretch of the imagination."

OP
Big Don

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
So you honestly think that the liberals are going to go about surrendering to a bunch of jumped up terrorist cave dwellers the minute they gain power?

Those of us living in reality might classify that as "a stretch of the imagination."
No. What they will do, and, by the way, have SAID they will do is negotiate with terrorists, terrorist supporting regimes, raise taxes, cut military funding, try to ban guns (that civil right doesn't matter to them) and other various idiocy.

tellner

Senior Master
Reaction score

As Colbert says "Reality has a well known liberal bias." :shrug:

No, it won't happen. But the Greedy Old Pedophiles have become masters of the politics of total personal destruction and implanting the most shameless and transparent lies into the minds of the drooling True Believer. "The End of Reason" and "The Republican War on Science" are only the tips of the iceberg. So when they say "Anyone to the Left of Ivan the Terrible is a traitor who will surrender at the first hint of danger" a third of America will believe it unquestioningly.

You'll never guess which Party is pushing legislation that would force Earth Science teachers to pass students who say they must pass students who put any errant nonsense they want on science tests as longs as the BS is based on their religions faith. Or enlists third rate actors with no science experience at all to give testimony on State biology curricula.

In the face of that what's a little lie about human motivations?

It's sad that we've fallen that far, but there you have it.

Ray

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
so easy a "cave dweller" can do it? It's possible I was exaggerating (then again it's possible I wasn't).

:jaw-dropping: Tarzana?

Marginal

Senior Master
Reaction score

Liberals just love cultural relativism. If they're forced into wearing burkas and blowing up Buddhas, it's all the same to them since every thing's just as right as the next thing...

Or not.

Latest Discussions