The woes that the holiday season can bring...

mrhnau

Senior Master
Reaction score
I recently went to a grocery store, and it was full of beautiful and delicious treats and candies. It made me recall the days of lore, when two of my favorite treats flowed effortlessly to my mouth. I long for the days long past, when I could find such delicious snacks as PB Max and Peanut Butter Log. The harsh and unloving business world decided I did not love them enough, and took away my holiday snack pleasure... what a bitter tragedy...

:waah:

fortunately I can make some of my holiday favorites... one of my pleasures is making candy for the holidays :)

What are some of your faves?

MrH

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
mrhnau said:
such delicious snacks as PB Max and Peanut Butter Log

Dude, those things are lethal weapons:
Peanut allergy kills Canadian teen after kiss Peanut allergy kills Canadian teen after kiss

A 15-year-old Canadian girl with a peanut allergy died last week after smooching with her boyfriend, who had just eaten a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.

Anyway, I usually get my wife See's Candies truffles and chocolate oranges (the kind you whack first) for Christmas. For me, I always look forward to a tray of cheese and crackers for the holidays.

Lisa

Don't get Chewed!
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Those chocolate covered marshmellow santa shaped treats... please keep them away from me! :D

Holiday Season brings many woes, includiing the ethnic foods that my family provides. Perogies, cabbage rolls, kucha, yum yum yum!

Ping898

Senior Master
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
mmmmmm....homemade keilbasa, perogies and apple pie.....:fanboy:.......mmmmmm......

OP
mrhnau

mrhnau

Senior Master
Reaction score
Lisa said:
Holiday Season brings many woes, includiing the ethnic foods that my family provides. Perogies, cabbage rolls, kucha, yum yum yum!

oh gosh... this is my first married christmas (well second, but was on honeymoon!). My wife is European and has found wonderful ways of tickling my palate LOL. She can cook! Makes my meager bachelor attempts at cooking seem silly LOL

oldnewbie

Purple Belt
Reaction score
We do "Monster Cookies" every year.

3 lbs. Peanut butter
Large Box of Quaker Oatmeal
1 lb. Chocolate Chips
1lb. M&M's
2lbs. Brown Sugar
4 cups White Sugar
1lb butter
1 doz. eggs
1 tbsp vanilla
8 tsp soda

Makes 12 dozen !!

Oh one more thing... if you break them in half before you eat them all the calories fall out !!

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
arnisador said:
I always look forward to a tray of cheese and crackers for the holidays.

Which got me thinking about that, so I went out and did it last night!

Latest Discussions