The Psycho Factor...

Gemini

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Hmmm.

Though certainly entertaining, I think I'd have to get beat pretty soundly before I acknowledged that as a "viable technique". It was supposed to be a technique, wasn't it? :idunno:

OP
Tgace

Tgace

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I like the "turn around and beat the ground" technique personally. Perhaps its a "psych up" sort of thing???

Gemini

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Tgace said:
I like the "turn around and beat the ground" technique personally. Perhaps its a "psych up" sort of thing???
LOL. Hey, it works for gorillas.:uhyeah:

searcher

Senior Master
Reaction score
And the purpose of training that way is? Iguess if it works for them then so be it. I think I will stick to my current training style.

OP
Tgace

Tgace

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I am curious as to exactly "what" that was.....

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
At first it reminded me of a friend's demonstration of the "Dragon Technique" (without all the yelling and screaming)... I don't recall what style he professed to know... I found later that he was just full of it.
Then later in the clip I was reminded of an old lady that I knew who had a mentally disturbed toy poodle that would inexplicably go nuts, snarling/barking/biting at everything and nothing in particular.
But I liked the Gorilla comparison by Gemini best as to what that was all about. Geez, if I was faced with a guy doing all that prior to a fight, I think I'd just calmly step away backwards and hold my hands up and say "...you win buddy, let me call some guys that have a nice white sleeveless coat for ya! ... By the way you're not allergic to Thorazine are you??" :erg:

mj-hi-yah

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
MACaver said:
I was faced with a guy doing all that prior to a fight, I think I'd just calmly step away backwards and hold my hands up and say "...you win buddy, let me call some guys that have a nice white sleeveless coat for ya! ...
Maybe that's the idea. It's interesting and goes against much of what I try to achieve in my training, so I'd really be interested in knowing the philosophy behind this type of training. They certainly don't look relaxed :erg: !

bluenosekenpo

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Tgace said:
hmmm, i don't have audio so i'm not distracted by the screaming but it looks to me like they are practicing very destructive weapons fighting, like keeping their distance from an opponent who has a weapon, they are attacking arms and legs trying to keep in constant motion(lessens the chance of being hit?) by hopping around, and then to simulate a downed opponent, they continue the attack against a log or the ground. they may also be simulating multiple opponents? i can understand what they're doing, is this the best way to train? don't know, especially the hopping part, but i don't think they deserve to be ridiculed, jmho, not trying to tick anyone off.

Latest Discussions