The New American Gladiators

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I gave it the "one night test". Hogan is Hogan, Laila Ali is nice to look at, seems bright...
I changed the channel when the referee yelled at one of the contestants for hitting a gladiator.

OK, I understand that rules are rules and all that, but, if you're gonna call the opfor gladiators, shouldn't people be allowed to hit them?

IMHO, having to actually fight your way past the gladiators would be a much more entertaining...

Last Fearner

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
I love the new Gladiator show, and my son loves it too! I liked the old show ok, but I did not like the bad attitude of some of the original Gladiators. They often became angry when they lost, and got way too aggressive with contestants as revenge - - often times breaking the rules! Their poor sportsmanship was a bad influence on viewers, especially young kids.

This new show is great! Hulk Hogan does an excellent job of keeping things pumped up without getting too serious.
:hogan:

The new gladiators appear just as big, strong and aggressive as the originals, but they seem to keep their attitudes in check, and often compliment the contestants when they beat the Gladiator. Sure, it probably bugs the Gladiators to loose, and they are likely to stew about it afterwards, but when the whistle blows, and the match is over, they show respect for the contenders and are a lot friendlier than on the old show.

I think it is enough hard work to get past the Gladiators in each of the challenges without having to see an eye-gouging, hair-pulling, punching and kicking match where people lose teeth, and get injured before they even reach the final eliminator round. I am entertained by this show, and can dream about the possibility of going up against these Gladiators in a good, clean competition. I know it would be tough, even with the rules that keep things safe, but it would be a blast!

Two thumbs up from me!
icon14.gif

icon14.gif

Latest Discussions