The Future Of The FMAs

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm posting this here to address all of the FMAs, not just one particular art. I'm curious to know what you all feel the direction the FMAs are taking. In the years to come, do you see anything changing or will things stay the way they are now? Do you feel that they will grow or fade away, being replaced by something else?

For myself, I think that they will continue to grow, as it seems like there are a large number of people out there that are spreading the art, teaching it to others, expanding on their own knowledge and keeping the flame alive.

One of my instructors, a while back, took a trip to the PI. He worked with a number of Filipino Masters and GrandMasters from the IMAFP. When he came back, I not only had a chance to view some wonderful video footage that he took of the PI, but also to see how they train Arnis there.

Its things like this, as I said, that'll help keep the art strong. People coming together to meet, train and share ideas.

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Well definately the FMA's are going to continue to grow and also because of the training mindset they will continue to change and evolve.
icon6.gif

Charleston Combat

Green Belt
Reaction score
There is only so much you can do with your empty hands! This is why weapon based arts will always flourish! To be able to effectively defend yourself against an attacker with weapons, you must train with weapons!! In my opinion, FMA will continue to grow!! Brad:yoda:

Latest Discussions