The four level of 1840 SLT

Hendrik

Green Belt
Reaction score
YKSLT or yik kam version of SLT is a 1840 era version of SLT.

With its mother art could be tracked to emei 12 zhuang and fujian white crane.

Today, many Wcners around the world have studied this 1840 version of SLT set and implemented as in the writing comes with it. Thus, we in the west do have a clear view and technology on how this set work to a very high degree.

It is not taij, not Xing yi, not the northern internal art influence set, but the set is a decendent of ancient Chinese internal art and based on the internal art principle.

These are original made a private videos to clarify the basic from Dao, Su, emei 12 zhuang design, YKSLT and the different path of development for different goal such as Dao, Healing, and martial art , and now released to public to share the information.

Last edited:
OP
H

Hendrik

Green Belt
Reaction score
This is the emei 12 zhuang diagram refer to in the utube above

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 206
OP
H

Hendrik

Green Belt
Reaction score
SNT of Wck is much much deeper then what the general public think. It has a different identity compare with the northern internal art such as taiji . Wck SNT is in the same rank of depth as taiji, Bagua, Xing Yee.

The goal now is to bring these information out in the west in a scientific and systematic way. Do everyone can have accessed for free.

The saga of Wck continous....... The next generation. A new era has begin in the west. A renessance has started

Last edited:

Eric_H

Black Belt
Reaction score
SNT of Wck is much much deeper then what the general public think. It has a different identity compare with the northern internal art such as taiji . Wck SNT is in the same rank of depth as taiji, Bagua, Xing Yee.

Finally, something we can agree on.

Danny T

Senior Master
Reaction score
Honestly I didn't even look at this post until I saw Eric_H's post.
I agree complete here.
For me SNT is the beginner form and once you know and understand the other forms you will return to SNT realize it is the most advance form. Of course its depth must also be carried forth into the other forms.

wtxs

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Oh come on Eric, you really didn't mean it ... what else are you not saying?;););)

Transk53

The Dark Often Prevails
Supporting Member
Reaction score

The goal now is to bring these information out in the west in a scientific and systematic way. Do everyone can have accessed for free.

The saga of Wck continous....... The next generation. A new era has begin in the west. A renessance has started

Thing is though from the above, I am not sure what YK in SLT is? Tried Googling but having any luck.

Last edited:

yak sao

Senior Master
Reaction score
Thing is though from the above, I am not sure what YK in SLT is? Tried Googling but having any luck.

Yik Kam was one of the Red Boat guys. From what I know...which ain't much, there were something like 10-12 guys that were WC practitioners on the boat. The two we most hear about are Leung Yee Tai and Wong Wah Bo, who went on to teach Leung Jan. Leung Jan is where Yip Man WC descended from.

The historian/WC junkie that I am though, is always intrigued with what became of the other 10 guys and what does their WC look like

zuti car

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Yik Kam's art actually cannot be called wing chun , it is a mixture of wing chun , hung gar choy lay fut , crane kung fu and who knows what else

Transk53

The Dark Often Prevails
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yik Kam was one of the Red Boat guys. From what I know...which ain't much, there were something like 10-12 guys that were WC practitioners on the boat. The two we most hear about are Leung Yee Tai and Wong Wah Bo, who went on to teach Leung Jan. Leung Jan is where Yip Man WC descended from.

The historian/WC junkie that I am though, is always intrigued with what became of the other 10 guys and what does their WC look like

Yeah, the IP Man timeline is pretty much all I all, and that ain't much either. Interesting fella Leung Jan. Mr Jan from Foshan had a good ring to it. Pan Nam is a name that I had heard of before. Is there such a thing as Northern style Wing Chun.

Transk53

The Dark Often Prevails
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes...they call it tai chi.....KIDDING. Trying to get a rise out of Xue Sheng if he's out there.

Lol. Just wondering as where I am, there is a school that announces itself as being Southern Wing Chun, which does not need addressing like that really.

yak sao

Senior Master
Reaction score
Lol. Just wondering as where I am, there is a school that announces itself as being Southern Wing Chun, which does not need addressing like that really.

It does sound kind of redundant doesn't it?

yak sao

Senior Master
Reaction score
Could they be referring to where they are located in England more so than the type of WC?