The Dream Log...

Satt

Black Belt
Reaction score
Has anyone ever had a strange, funny, happy, or even scary dream about your martial arts training??? I had a dream last night that I went to try out a new dojo and there they asked if I had any prior experience. I told them I had trained with Steven K. Hayes' To-Shin Do program. They imediately kicked me out and told me "your type is not welcome here!!!" Bad dream, but I thought it could make an interesting thread to see what kind of dreams people had.

V

Vadim

I once had a strange dream after I saw Dawn of the Dead. It took place at my school and for some reason I was the only one there. I was looking around to try to find another person, but I ran into some pretty gruesome zombies that were rising up from the ground. Needless to say I had to fight my way out but they kept coming at me. When I woke up I looked around my bedroom and breathed a sigh of relief. The dream was just so vivid and intense. I guess it could also qualify as a scary dream.

-Vadim

M

markulous

Actually whenever I get a lucid dream I try to either practice martial arts or play guitar. I managed to "summon" an image of my martial arts teacher a few weeks ago to spar with. But it kinda messed up because it was in 3rd person and eventually the guy that was me turned into a midget and started using a couch against my teacher which he promptly reversed it on the mini-me.

I think I am going to stick with just martial arts though in my dreams. Everytime I want to play a guitar I can never find one and John Mayer never wants to show up to teach me how to play. :idunno: I'll have to go to a guitar shop then just ask if anyone can teach or something...

chinto01

Black Belt
Reaction score
Every once in a while I have the dream about the time that I left my first dojo. Do not understand why I keep having it but the more I have it the more I appreciate the fact that I left.

Maltair

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I had one shortly after my instructor mentioned something about how all MA stories start with "there was a thousand Ninjas"
Sure enough, in my dream these Ninjas kept pouring out of the walls in my house trying to assasinate me and my family:idunno: . Luckly, both of my instructors were there and they helped my out, they even started yelling out tech they wanted me to do for training. Showing me what I was doing wrong by destroying the next Ninja. Was a fun dream. :ultracool

Kamaria Annina

Green Belt
Reaction score
I've had my share of martial arts dreams o_O

One was when I was testing for my yellow belt, and it was in the same room with the same judging panel, only my good friend was judging me. And I was faced on the opposite side of the dojang, nothing too unusually there.

I had another one where my Sensei got extremely angry because he asked one of the younger students to grab textbooks and she kept dropping them on the floor...

Yea, those are weird.

Sin

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Well this dream had a lot to do wih Dragonball Z, but I guess Martial arts comes along with it.

I was at a cook out at my Grandma's house and There was a huge wall around us.....It was raining but only outside the walls. And the rain had flooded everywhere xcept for my grandma's property.

We all sat down to eat laughing and playing games, my whole family was there.

suddenly the walls began to rock with the waves slamming aginst them.
Out of the blue my little broher and my father turn into super Sayians and try and hold up the wall. I was siting at the other side of the table and didn't see them transform and try and hold up the wall. My mother coms yelling and running to me. "Hurry transform and hold that wall up" (Now those of you that know Dragonball Z, only those that have sayian blood can transform into the Golden haired figure know as a super sayian. In my Dream my father was full blood sayian and my little brother and i where half human half sayian. One of the funny things about this dream is that my little brother is about 203 lb and he is only 5'4'' so he's a little chubby kid, and my dad has thining hair, so you can imagine what they would look like at Super Sayians, I myself have Grunger shagy hair.) ::back to the Dream:: I then stand up and let out a yell and then...........not Super sayian transformation. its like I drew a blank on how to transform... Kinda like rememmbering your first kata from 20 years ago. my dad and brother where letting out classic DBZ yells in desperation to hold the wall up, eventually the wall gave way and my whole family was wiped out in a instant. I was powerless to help them, although I had the potential too.

Now anyone wanna anylze this one?

Aikikitty

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Before testings, I've had dreams of my sensei telling me to practice.

I've had dreams that started out scary by being in a situation where I had to defend myself, but then my senseis and fellow students would appear and tell me how proud they were of me. (That was a very happy dream!)

Frustrating dreams of arriving "on time" only to find out that class was half way over and another one of not being able to get my shoes off and when I finally did, class was over!

Once right before I got my hakama, I had a VERY funny dream that I had just gotten my hakama, and was riding to the dojo, when I see all the blackbelts on the side of the road wearing scottish kilts! Apparently, they were the new traditional "skirts" to wear in Aikido and my new hakama was no good. I cracked up laughing when I woke up from that one! In the dream, the guys had some great legs but very hairy!

Robyn :asian:

Sin

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
ok w have heard all kinds of bad dreams lets hear a few good ones.
I'll compose one of my own here soon......now is just not a good time though

Latest Discussions