The Bren Ten is back!

Grenadier

Sr. Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Well, almost.

For those of you who watched Miami Vice, back when Sonny Crockett carried this 10 mm bad boy:

http://www.vltor.com/pistol.htm

Looks like they'll be doing some improvements to the original design. Being a 10 mm enthusiast, I'm looking forward to this...

Andy Moynihan

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
People's Banana Republic of Massachusettstan, Disu
Why? If it was good enough to keep around, it would've withstood the market.

If you like 10 mil, there are better pistol platforms to have chambered in it.

Besides, the 10 mil is on the way out--the niche it once filled is now becoming occupied by the .357 SIG, so I don't know how much longer the ammo will be out there. Good luck though.

OP
Grenadier

Grenadier

Sr. Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Why? If it was good enough to keep around, it would've withstood the market.

If you like 10 mil, there are better pistol platforms to have chambered in it.

Besides, the 10 mil is on the way out--the niche it once filled is now becoming occupied by the .357 SIG, so I don't know how much longer the ammo will be out there. Good luck though.

Oh, I'm not worried about ammo. As long as the .40 is out there (they use the same bullets), I can always make my own. In fact, my Glock 20 has seen exactly 16 rounds of factory ammo through it, when I tested the functionality of the gun using Winchester Silvertips. The other 4000 rounds are of my own loading.

Believe me, if I fed my 10 mm pistols only factory ammo, I would be much poorer in the purse.

chinto

Senior Master
Reaction score
I would take a good .45 acp in say 1911-A1 over a 10mm any day if its for keeps! but hell if I know I am going to a gun fight, and can not opt out, a rifle in .30 cal or a good shot gun in 12 gage or better is my choice over any pistol!

Jack Meower

Blue Belt
Reaction score
The Bren Ten was a beautiful gun. I have a Glock 20 as well but I don't reload, so I can't afford to shoot it very often.