Tameshigiri guide part X

Czlowiekfala

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Hello!

Tameshigiri in motion is the main theme of the my latest video. It is, in my opinion, a little bit harder than standard static test cutting. It turns out that such basic activity as walking could be more difficult than it seems when we are aware that we have to cut after the next step ;). In order to cut successfully in motion one needs to assess the distance correctly, cut precisely and have a relaxed body

Youtube link:

isshinryuronin

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Very nice. There is a huge difference in executing tameshigiri from a static stance and doing it while in motion. I think it's more than a "bit harder". Not only is the distance changing during the approach, but the coordination of the feet with the draw and cut can really be a challenge. At least for most of us. Of course, tameshigiri in motion is more dangerous and should be approached gradually and not attempted by beginners.

As I was watching your first clip, I was thinking about doing the cut with a running approach. Your second clip delivered! This is more of a realistic combat scenario. Takes a lot of practice, both physical and mental, to do it well. Good job. Maybe I missed it, but I'd like to see you doing a long advanced kata with some footwork.

Hyoho

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
As a Batto Jutsu kodansha, I am rather disappointed that you should post this. It is far from being a guide of how tameshigiri should be done. Batto jutsu/do like any other art takes many years of practice.

Latest Discussions