White Belt
Reaction score
Which one would you rather use? I'd go with the T-90
T-90_Line_Drawing_Russia_01.gif

m1a1-line.gif

grydth

Senior Master
Reaction score
I'd take the American MBT.... field tested since the 1980's and battle tested since the 1990's.

The M1 really tore up the T-90's predecessors in a one sided way in Desert Storm..... what does this T-90 have that indicates it would do any better?

Of course, I am presuming one gets a crew with it.... the early war German panzers showed convincingly that a trained and experienced crew could make all the difference in a tank vs tank battle. Who has T-90 crews that could match the experience our guys have?

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I think a better comparison would be the T-90 versus the M1A2.

In that case I would take the M1A2.

I cannot talk about some of the stuff it does but I can tell you, I own vehicles with my software in them and I would own the M1A2 with my software in it as well. But that may be just personal pride. :D

Manzyberranzan

White Belt
Reaction score
If we are talking about the newest model of T-90, that would be my choice over M1A1, which IIRC is slightly outdated lacking the newest electronical equipment (communications etc.).

Rich Parsons said:
I think a better comparison would be the T-90 versus the M1A2.

In that case I would take the M1A2.

In that case that would be my choice as well.

Of course, location is an important aspect but OP's question is just for pure comparison if I'm not hugely mistaken. :)

OP
HebrewCossack

HebrewCossack

White Belt
Reaction score
The T-90's and T-80's have held their own in Chechnaya. The T-72's and T-80's that we faced in Desert Storm were a joke. The Arabs operate their tanks diffrently from the way the tanks were designed to be operated. T-80's-90's are only fully effective when Russians are using them.

grydth

Senior Master
Reaction score
What armored opposition have the Russians faced in Chechnia? None.

Some of those Arab tankers you disparage fought hard and brave - and died fighting - because their tanks were no match for the M-1s. A Russian crew would've died, too.

5-0 Kenpo

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I would take the M1 in a 1-on-1 engagement.

But then again, that's not how the Russians saw battle. Overwhelming odds....

Latest Discussions