Systema seminar June 24th-26th Seattle WA

Brian King

Master of Arts
Supporting Member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Systema Northwest (Seattle Washington USA) invites you to join us and come explore the tactics, theory, and practice of hand to hand combat, conventional weaponry, improvised weapons, body-guarding and some of the many specialized exercises that is Systema and its methods.
Saulius “Sonny” Puzikas will be the featured instructor for our Summer Systema Seminar June 24th-26th 2005. For more information please view our web site at
http://systemanw.com/summer_2005_systema_seminar.htm
Feel free to drop me an email at [email protected]

See you on the floor soon
Friends
Brian King

I

Ironman

thanx brian...thats what i was lookig for :).However, i'm still curious as to what the training will cover?

OP
Brian King

Brian King

Master of Arts
Supporting Member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
“However, i'm still curious as to what the training will cover?”

You have not been to a Systema seminar but perhaps you can ask Eric what one is like. Asking for specifics is silly. For me to give specifics would be to write a book as there is so much covered.
This will sound confusing to those that have never trained in Systema but the drills are created so that people will be working on different things according to their understanding even while they all do the same drill. We do NOT do theme seminars at Systema NW. I leave the specifics up to the hosted instructor. We have a very very loose outline but as far as specifics there are too many variables to do that, how many people showed up, what their experience levels are and what the crowds conditioning is and where their interest and focus at any specific moment lie. A good Systema seminar is flexible so that all can enjoy and learn even while they are working and a good instructor will be able to sense what the group needs and adjust as he goes, I do not limit their expertise by holding them to a preconceived notion of what will be needed but trust to their knowledge and experience. Many a time at different seminars where the instructors are free to lead the instruction I have seen the instructors come up with great drills to handle a specific problem or question that has arisen. Many of these ‘gems’ of drills and exercises and insights that appeared with the spontaneity and creativity that Systema is known for have made the price of the seminar and all the inconveniences of long distance traveling seem as nothing.

People may want to come and join us and exploring the tactics, theory, and practice of hand to hand combat, conventional weaponry, improvised weapons, body-guarding and some of the many specialized exercises that is Systema and its methods. People may want to come to experience Sonny’s interpretation of Systema. People may want to show up to satisfy a curiosity or craving or to challenge themselves to live and experience outside of their normal range of ‘doing’.

People should leave their preconceived notions at the door when they enter our school. I have found that people who only want to attend ‘theme’ (knife fighting, ground fighting, whatever) seminars to be, if you will please pardon me for saying, boring. They show up with preconceived notions of what to expect and so are all too often mentally closed to learning what is before them as they look for what they are expecting instead of what they are seeing. They waste their time and more importantly they waste mine.

Another aspect is that hosting these seminars is a lot of f’n work, if I know exactly what to expect I lose a chance to feel that tingle of waiting for the unknown for the chance to step out of my own comfort zone and explore my own fears and expectations and ego. If I excerpt to much control I stand to corrupt this valuable experience. One of the reasons to bring out these very experienced instructors is so that they can help me see through their eyes what my group of students need as well as what I need, if I constrict the instructor in what they can cover, I restrict what I can learn.

If you have any other questions feel free to give me a call or drop me an e-mail you have both my phone number and e-mail address or better yet drop by the school and get a taste. You are to close to be a stranger.

See you on the floor soon
Friends
Brian King

I

Ironman

thanks for the in-depth explanation Brian. Due to my lack attending any seminars, i have no idea of what to expect. I was just curious, sorry if my post suggested otherwise. see ya soon.

OP
Brian King

Brian King

Master of Arts
Supporting Member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
There is a tape that Vladimir sells called New York seminar. It gives a great 'taste' of what a seminar can be like. There is also just loads and loads of good information and drills on this tape.

See you on the floor soon Ironman
Friends
Brian King

PS what does MVM? mean?

I

Ironman

i have heard nothing but good things about the tape, unfortunatly i don't own a VHS player so i can't watch it (i use my xbox for dvd needs). :)

Latest Discussions