Synchronicity?

Kreth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Ok, first let me be clear that I'm putting this out for a topic of amusement, not arguing for or against any type of esoteric or supernatural involvement. After making this post, I got to thinking how this type of coincidence happens fairly often to me. A couple of examples:
A couple of days ago, I was talking with a friend about a band I hadn't heard in quite a while, probably close to two years. I hop in a car, turn the radio on, and guess who's on?
A character actor (Brian Cox) seemed to pop up in a majority of movies I watched over a brief period. It started when I watched Rob Roy again (he's Killearn). Then, within a matter of a few weeks, I had seen him in Braveheart, X2, Bourne Identity, The Ring, and a few others I can't think of off the top of my head. More recently, he's shown up in Bourne Supremacy and Troy.
I just find these coincidences, and the way at times they seem to string together, fascinating...

Jeff

Lisa

Don't get Chewed!
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
A few years ago my husband was diagnosed with cancer. We were lying in bed the night before his surgery and I asked him what he was thinking. He told me that "Lightening Crashes" by Live would make a good funeral song... I was so upset, I think I shot him a good one across the head and told him not to think that way.

The next day, he has his surgery and is doing well. Here in Canada they don't keep you overnight unless completely necessary so when they were about to release him that evening I left and went to get our vehicle to pull it up closer to the hospital. I turned the key over and it just so happened that Lightening Crashes was playing on the radio. It freaked me out completely because this wasn't a really popular song at the time and the chances of that playing was really minimal. I knew then that everything would be okay. My husband laughed pretty hard when I drove up and opened the door and said "see whats playing?" :)

heretic888

Senior Master
Reaction score
Gee, didn't know we had any Jungians in the audience. :)

Latest Discussions