Sword arts in the Austin area?

dutch308

White Belt
Reaction score
Hey folks I was wondering if any of you know of a sword ats in the Austin area? the group I train with has weapons training except for swords and I am very interested in that training. Any information would be helpfull. Thanks, Dutch

TKDJUDO

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Hey Dutch,

I was in Austin, TX during the summer and I came across this school that does teach weapons, not sure about swords though. It's a good school, you should check it out!

Mr.Lepp's Martial Arts
12129 RR 620 N
Telephone number is (512) 331-5425

Langenschwert

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Are you looking for JSA exclusively? Authentic kenjutsu can be difficult to find, and may entail some travel (sometimes to Japan), but sometimes that's what you've got to do. I travel over three hours to train with my Provost. For western sword arts, there seems to be an ARMA chapter in Austin, if that interests you. Likely they're focused on longsword or rapier, and a fair amount of grappling. As a general rule, instruction at an ARMA chapter is likely to be very good.

There's a good JSA subforum on swordforum.com that could be of some assistance as well. Remember that there are many folks out there masquerading as "authentic bujutsu" which are anything but. Do your research. If you're looking for koryu stuff EXCLUSIVELY, then you should check out koryu.com for an exhaustive listing of authentic classical Japanese arts.

Best regards,

-Mark

Latest Discussions